12-28 live from the stand

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
I have been up just long enough to drink a small cup of coffee. It was a struggle to get out of bed, but I need to get in a couple more hunts.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Busted a couple turkeys of the roost walking in luckily i didnt have to pee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Was running behind. I'm in with the stick and string for a quick hunt before work. Season is coming to an end quick..

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Likely my last deer hunting of 2016 season. I'm already hearing more yotes maybe another one will happen by no deer yet

Swamp_Donkey

Eight Pointer
Went last night and saw 4 doe. I have not seen a thing during morning in over a month, all in the evening. Hoping the nearby dog club turns out by my land, have had pretty good luck getting a few that way.

They have turned out on a monster twice in the last week but he keeps getting out of the block and crossing the road before anyone can kill him.

rlhans00

Spike
I'm going in between 9:00 and 10:00 and sitting until dark. Keeping my fingers crossed!

robertc

Eight Pointer
I'm working today and just stopped by the house after lunch. My wife was behind me in her vehicle and saw a large buck running across the field between us, the buck seen her and turned around and went back the other way. Moving at 2:00.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
I'm working today and just stopped by the house after lunch. My wife was behind me in her vehicle and saw a large buck running across the field between us, the buck seen her and turned around and went back the other way. Moving at 2:00.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

per solunar periods or maybe being chased by dogs. :)

LR308

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Finally made it back in the stand. The holidays wrecked my hunting schedule. I hope with the lack of pressure I might catch one slipping. I looked at the solar lunar, but it didn't fit my schedule. That has only worked for me when fishing anyway. Here in Moore County sitting till dark.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
Up a tree in Chatham county. Just grabbed my gun and left the house. Sitting here in blue jeans and black long sleeve tshirt

Redneck Rocker Dude

Old Mossy Horns
I'm in. Not expecting much. Can't find any bullets for my rifle so I have my papas old 870 wing master 30" fixed full choke.

Last edited:

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
Spent the day watching the grass grow, man was it growing slow. LOL. Hunted my lease in Allegheny County and this is the first year since 1998 that I have not take deer from that lease. I pulled the SD cards from two game cameras and Lots and Lots of deer but out of something over 300 video clips perhaps ten were in the day time. One really impressive, long tined 8 several times at a scrape and also at a corn feeder but ONLY at night. If he makes it he has the potential to really be a good one but right now even though he has long tines they do not have much mass.