She must be a Zombie

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
don't fall for it,,,,,he's handled that many deer because Shadycove is older than Methuselah,,,,,,,,,,,heck one a year gets him there!!

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
It's more likely that this deer hasn't been shot at all, and that those are just imperfections in her hide, then that it was shot like that and lived.

shadycove

Twelve Pointer
don't fall for it,,,,,he's handled that many deer because Shadycove is older than Methuselah,,,,,,,,,,,heck one a year gets him there!!

Hey now WM, lets don't get too personal, I am a little bit sensitive about my age.
All I can say about what I miss from those days is the ability to drag/carry that many deer out of the woods would sure be nice to have at my age.
I killed several deer one evening on a bow hunt [either sex-no limit] on the Santee NWR, it took 3 trips out to get them all out. It was 1.7 miles down the levee from the stand to the truck. Took the first load to the camp, got some chips and a cold drink and went back for the rest of the deer while the other hunters cleaned those deer, long night it was.
Good Times.:D:D:D:D:D:greenjump:

Last edited:

Bean

Eight Pointer
It's more likely that this deer hasn't been shot at all, and that those are just imperfections in her hide, then that it was shot like that and lived.

I know she was shot I shot her. I've had my trail cameras up since august and the doe groups that come through are like clock work on this piece of property it's very small. She only shows with one fawn been this way all year she never left that fawn even during the rut.

Putt

Old Mossy Horns
Hitman on here can tell you a story about a non typical he shot.. three days later he killed.him.. same kinda wounds. His arrow track channel went up over the deer back. This all happens on string jump and movement. Amazing what your eyes see and what happens. He.had some amazing pictures of him also.

Last edited:

Deerman

Four Pointer
That is unreal..great pic.....my cousin killed a 5 point back a few years ago in the sandhills and when we were skinning it we found a razorback broadhead right under the spine and the tissue all around the broadhead had almost covered it up.... deer are unreal creatures..

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
Thats tuff. But first problem was the Muzzy. I lost countless deer with those heads, they do not leave the ole open good and cut great, and could have been dull. Angle of hit? Could she have been ducking and already laid over at and angle to where the arrow angle over lungs, Some are just tough.

Bean

Eight Pointer
Hitman on here can tell you a story about a non typical he shot.. three days later he killed.him.. same kinda wounds. His arrow track channel went up over the deer back. This all happens on string jump and movement. Amazing what your eyes see and what happens. He.had some amazing pictures of him also.

Yeah me and him have hunted together for years I helped him track that deer the first time he shot him.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
This is fascinating!!!

I truly would not believe it if I hadn't seen it.

I know others say let her live, and I get that.

But lets say some unfortunate fate met with her tomorrow, I'd love for someone to slowly open her up and inspect the forward vitals for ANY sign of damage. It's just hard for me to fathom that even a dull blade passed through like that without causing fatal damage. I'm blown away by this thread. Thanks for sharing it.

Pimpscoe

Eight Pointer
Similar situation, shot a few inches forward. I was using "slick tricks", so for me it was just a bad shot in the one spot with no vitals. I tried everything but yelling at this buck to get him to stop, and he wouldn't. So, I took a shot as he was about to leave the one window I had. I was trying to lead him, and obviously was a little too far out in front. I tracked him for 400 yards and had tons of blood, and piles of it at times. He crossed a cow pasture and jumped a fence, never found a drop after that. A few days later he showed up and I had pictures of him all season. 9pt.jpg8ptbowwound.jpg

Last edited:

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
If you hunt long enough these things happen.... it sucks and as a hunter it's the worst feeling in the world....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Similar situation, shot a few inches forward. I was using "slick tricks", so for me it was just a bad shot in the one spot with no vitals. I tried everything but yelling at this buck to get him to stop, and he wouldn't. So, I took a shot as he was about to leave the one window I had. I was trying to lead him, and obviously was a little too far out in front. I tracked him for 400 yards and had tons of blood, and piles of it at times. He crossed a cow pasture and jumped a fence, never found a drop after that. A few days later he showed up and I had pictures of him all season. View attachment 54069View attachment 54070

another amazing set of pics. thanks for posting.

GregC

Six Pointer
Both are crazy proof that a good shot doesn't always do the trick. Teach all of us not to say anything when someone shoots a deer and can't find it. You never know - they are tough animals.

ChasinTrophies

Both are crazy proof that a good shot doesn't always do the trick. Teach all of us not to say anything when someone shoots a deer and can't find it. You never know - they are tough animals.

But keyboard cowboys will be keyboard cowboys...