jamesmyers14

Eight Pointer
Me and some boys got on the birds this morning in nc
b831084b02d7e21fbd8c4a34ceda3670.jpg
2d23e3a1ba1c322fa9277f5f51599ff8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pimpscoe

Eight Pointer
Congrats! Private Pond, swamp, bigger water (lake)??? Just curious, that's more ducks than I have seen this month.

skydog

Hehe...

hope you're staying on the right side of the law there young James. best of luck to you

Last edited by a moderator:

grim reaper

Ten Pointer
Any idea of how many chicks a hen produces over her lifetime?? Consider that...

Then you have to take into consideration the amount of birds her chicks will produce and so on...1 hen could potentially equal hundreds of future birds, that's how I've always looked at it. There's always another drake to take a drakes place

Last edited:

hog&deerhunter

Ten Pointer
Never been able to taste the difference between hens and drakes myself.

Who hunts ducks for freezer meat? Just curious. I do love breast strips cooked hot and fast in a cast iron skillet, but if I were into a pile of birds like that you can afford to be selective and still have a great hunt. What county were you hunting in?

Last edited:

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
This is rediculous. How many y'all will be able to pick out drake woodies flying. Especially at the low light at which most fly.

I'm all about spending time with friends and the comraderie that comes with it, but whether it's 3 or 30 on a tailgate, I go out intending to make a pile. Limits are just that, limits. If birds are flying, shoot till you get it. I been duck hunting long enough to just about have quit with the exceptions of a trip or two each year. I still enjoy being mad at'em on the few occasions I go now.
yall can interprete this however you want to but there's a reason why most guys have tailgates full of birds.............Because there good at doing it.......

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
Everyone has different goals when they go out duck hunting. Personally I don't hunt for limits, when and where I started duck hunting limits weren't difficult and birds flew all morning, we learned to be picky. A limit of ducks in NC is quite an accomplishment, especially consistently. I don't take it as serious anymore, now I shoot Drake's when I'm able to identify them. But if a group of woodies/teal come through quick, easiest target gets shot.

jamesmyers14

Eight Pointer
I wasn't to worried about hens I can't pick them out when it's low light conditions I just shoot the birds when they come we were near Wilson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grim reaper

Ten Pointer
I'm not clowning the boys hunt, kudos to you and your friends James. I've been hunting ducks for 23 years and I'm at least a 4th generation waterfowler...I'm def not jealous, I was just stating facts in reference to someone else's post. I've killed a pile of ducks and been on many out of state hunts to where I'm set in being selective. To each his own

grim reaper

Ten Pointer
No jealousy here partner. I don't hunt just so I can post a pic afterward but this was just 3 guys one afternoon. Not trying to highjack the thread just acquitting any accusations of jealousy...deep river hunter just let me know if you need to see some more, that's just the tip of the iceberg literally

Attachments

• Snapchat-5368285468466294291.jpg
    Snapchat-5368285468466294291.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Jmac

No jealousy here partner. I don't hunt just so I can post a pic afterward but this was just 3 guys one afternoon. Not trying to highjack the thread just acquitting any accusations of jealousy...deep river hunter just let me know if you need to see some more, that's just the tip of the iceberg literally

No hens in that pile, nor a hat laying on top

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
If an old fart like me can learn conservation and selectivity what makes it so difficult for someone younger??
I'm not jealous of anything or anyone when it comes to hunting. I go hunting for a variety of reasons and killing everything I see isn't one of them. I kill what I'm going to eat over the next 2 days, maybe 3 ducks or a goose. Why have a freezer full?? That takes away my reason to go back.....
If anyone thinks a tailgate full of ducks makes them a man, their mistaken.....

genesis27:3

Old Mossy Horns
I've spent many days only to come home without a single duck, which I'm perfectly fine with. If I go the next day and have the opportunity to bring home my 3 wood ducks or 6 duck limit, even if hens are in the mix, so be it. That includes a few buddies of mines limits on a tailgate. As long as it's legal, I'm not going to sweat it. That goes for any game I hunt.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Well.....I love ducks. My wife and I will eat them once a week if we hav'em. I'm that guy that people give their ducks to when no one else wants them. Haha. When duck, deer, dove season go out, I want enough in my freezer that I can enjoy it for the next few months. I used to not eat wild game like we do now but there's just something about knowing I provided for myself and family.

lil_shawn1990

Great pile of ducks!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk