12/31 Live

bow hunter

Four Pointer
Just pulled into the land, 19 degrees here in Chatham. Probably the last hunt of the season for me here. Good luck everyone!!

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Fixing to head out the door, sausage an egg sandwiches and thermos of coffee in toe.

Weather at Duplin County.. Good luck to all.
f8fe3669f58ea4ab058339ec1cfe2f87.jpg

Last edited:

Sp8

Ten Pointer
Just got settled in Stanly. 22 on the truck when I got out. Killed a nice doe yesterday evening, hoping to do the same today. Last hunt for me until urban Archery. Good luck to all

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Saw 8 as i pulled up to the gate, hopefully they stay on thier feet with this cold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Sitting up on a bluff watching a creek bottom.... Broke out the 338 lapua for some 600 yard gun fun

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
good luck guys. i had planned to go but they have whooped me to the point of saying forget it lol i hope yall can fill your freezers

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
My family and I are settled. I'm hoping my grandfather can score this morning. Goodluck to all. It's never a bad morning to be in a tree stand....

grey.ghost

Six Pointer
Tucked in like a burrito high above the honey hole here in wake county. Send me a deer or two please

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

ncbuckhunter

Four Pointer
Checking in from Surry county. Was settled in the tree at 6:50 and just shot a buck. 8pt I believe. Pretty sure I heard him crash. Going to sit tight for awhile and see if anything else shows.

Papa_Smurf

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Nice cold morning in wake. Sitting in the stand. Have a spare jacket beside me I'm about to throw on.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I may go out for a bit later if the dogs are being run in the local area but with the freezer being full, I may just call it a season.

robertc

Eight Pointer
I'm in Rock. County listening to the duck hunters blast away. Only thing aggravating as I'm not with him. Good luck ncbuckhunter finding your deer.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

grey.ghost

Six Pointer
Sitting up on a bluff watching a creek bottom.... Broke out the 338 lapua for some 600 yard gun fun

I'm picturing you in cold weather gear and a ghillie suit.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Was 22 on the way to the field.
dropped a few now just by feel.

good and cold out today.
Maybe something will show for the game of hide the bullet

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Squirrels out in full force this morning. One is gnawing on some old deer antlers draped on the old Dog pen. They have them down to the inside almost thru. Will post a pic when I get down.

Duck hunters are waging war along Goshen Swamp.

Last edited:

grey.ghost

Six Pointer
My next door neighbor brought home 2 donkeys. For some reason the coyotes think gathering at the edge of the woods and watching them is fun. I kinda want to borrow them now.

smilliganqb

Eight Pointer
Last gun hunt for the season for me. Sitting in a stand in Stanly county, wind is whipping around pretty good here. Nothing moving yet

grey.ghost

Six Pointer
Na.... Leafy suit ...ghillies are for wanna be tacticool snipers

Wait. That's what the guy at the mall said about leafy suits. He had an official looking patch on his shirt...he would know.

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Snow on the ground here in Grayson County VA. Im done in NC.

Season is in here for 1 more week

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Wait. That's what the guy at the mall said about leafy suits. He had an official looking patch on his shirt...he would know.

Prob got the patches from the same mall.....i joke about the ghille suits since i see alot of self-trained guys with the store bought ones that resemble a dirty mop after cleaning up lime jello and choc cake. Real ghillie suits are very time consuming to make, and my leafy suit fits perfectly over my warm carhart coat lol.