Hyde Hunt

Gadwall

Ten Pointer
Won't make it to AR this year, but had some time off this week so was able to get in an impoundment hunt with some friends. Always a fun place to hunt. Bag included 6 gadwalls, 4 widgeon and 1 pintail along with the usual spoonies, ringers and woodies. Surprisingly no teal. Don't think I've ever hunted there and not taken out a few green wings.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 83_n.jpg
    83_n.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

92xj

Eight Pointer
How dare you shoot a pile of ducks!
How dare you shoot hens!
How dare you not be selective!
How dare you not learn and practice conservation!

Now that that's out of the way, nice hunt!!!
Congrats!!!

Gadwall

Ten Pointer
How dare you shoot a pile of ducks!
How dare you shoot hens!
How dare you not be selective!
How dare you not learn and practice conservation!

Now that that's out of the way, nice hunt!!!
Congrats!!!

I admit, that was pretty funny

grim reaper

Ten Pointer
They were definetly being selective obviously with the exception of a few hen gadwall and cpl others but that happens. For example 8 drake woodies, 1 hen.

Last edited:

Jlewis74

Old Mossy Horns
Nice same thing here, gonna miss AR this year but several friends joined Impoundments in Hyde so I am headed there this month!

Good hunt! Hope we have it that good when I get down there.

shurshot

Ten Pointer
Won't make it to AR this year, but had some time off this week so was able to get in an impoundment hunt with some friends. Always a fun place to hunt. Bag included 6 gadwalls, 4 widgeon and 1 pintail along with the usual spoonies, ringers and woodies. Surprisingly no teal. Don't think I've ever hunted there and not taken out a few green wings.
attachment.php

Apex, not sure where you are hunting but my friend who hunts a great private impoundment have not shot the first teal this year and only saw one last Friday when they shot a 6 man limit of almost all drake wigeon. Annually, teal are their second most taken duck. I'm across the river and have not seen hardly any in the last 3-4 weeks. There were some earlier.