1/1/2917 Live

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Morning from Duplin County. Getting things right for a quick hunt. Weather is iffy for this afternoon and tomorrow, so gotta go when you can.

Big fingers an little keypads do not mix.

Have a great hunt and be safe 2017..

00880f775a0ae862bca68c19f83eec42.gif

Last edited:

buckman84

Eight Pointer
Raining on and off here in union county. Had plans to head out this morning but not looking too good! Bummed out. Happy New Years everyone.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Was gonna go ... but limited to archery and I am reluctant to do so in the rain. Besides, all I'm seeing and getting on my new camera are 3 fawns that I hope the neighbors do not shoot.

.... why was it OK for folks to fire guns and fireworks from midnight to 12:30 last night (when I was trying to sleep), but it's not OK for me to take ONE shot at 7 or 7:30 or 8 am with a rifle??

Last edited:

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Nothing but squirrels and crows, about 35 minutes left for the morning hunt.

Then put out 2 game cameras and see what the weather. Is going to do.

Rock_61

Four Pointer
Did not go this mng due to rain but in ground blind overlooking food plot. Hoping to end the season on a good note. Good Luck Everyone.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Looks like just enough rain this afternoon to justify napping in a dry house.
Hopefully tomorrow brings better weather for sitting on stand.

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Love my little tower/condo stand. As long as it's not a down storm I am good.
Just starting to rain, lite drizzle.
Back in the stand for the evening.

Going to move this stand to another area. Gonna build a better condo for this spot. Gotta be big enough for grandkids. This on gets tight with 2 of us.

Last edited:

Rock_61

Four Pointer
Light rain in Lee county.. good thing for me picked up a ground blind on sale few weeks ago. So far I am satisfied with it.

BigGun1

Eight Pointer
Beyond aggregated at this point. Been sick for days. Looks like perfect afternoon and renters on neighboring property must have gotten a box of bullets for Christmas. Did not start shooting till I was settled in stand. Yelling at each other. Wind coming from that direction as well. They know I am here!

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Not surprising that the first day is a rotten one. Hello SSDD 2017. Hunting this evening and all day tomorrow all deer are fair game now.

<>< Fish

BigGun1

Eight Pointer
They stopped shooting and 8 deer hit the field. Then local farmers drove to stand and ask was he messing up my huntn?!!!!@@ and this ain't his farm! I was polite but let him know who I was. Guess who got bigger gun out now!! Neighbors!

Last edited:

deepbreath

Six Pointer
I'm done - thanked the good lord for just giving me the opportunity to be able to enjoy what he has created for us, then I got down. Did see a 4pt at last light but he needs to grow a few more years.

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Shot a doe about 5pm. Had 3 come in, took out the biggest DRT. All this rain coming in tomorrow afternoon will put a damper on my hunt.

Last edited: