Now don't anyone take this wrong

Zach's Grandpa

Old Mossy Horns
Sitting here drinking coffee, been up since 5:30 which is normal, and thinking about how glad I am not to have to fight a hangover. :D As indicated not being critical of anyone for having a drink or two or three....... been there, done that, and started off several years not feeling so frisky. To all who don't have one.........cheers.........to all who do......takes about eight to ten hours but you will survive. :D

nchawkeye

Old Mossy Horns
Got up at 4:30 myself, on 3rd cup, got a lot of emails answered as well as other work while catching up on the news...Need to walk some land today and take pictures, looks like rain may hamper that...

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
My old new year rituals were to go out and throw down get drunk and have a good time.

Then I started hunting when I was 25 and don't think I've gone out for new years since. I'd rather be in the woods than hungover. It's amazing how deer hunting can change a man faster than just about anything else.

Not hunting today but I was asleep lastnight by 1030 and woke up a little after midnight only to get my 1 yrs old a bottle because he woke up hangry

wcjones

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I got up at 530 myself...but went to bed at 2 so although I'm not hungover in the typical sense I do have a fair amount of cobwebs from the lack of sleep....I predict a nice little nap in my recliner after lunch.

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Spent the day yesterday with friends and a 5th of Knob Creek.......went out to dinner with another couple and had several more Knob Creeks .......home by 9:30....up at 5:30 .....by all rights I should feel a little rough, cause I sure felt good last night!

Happy New Year

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
I was up last night when the new year came in. I could hear a few fireworks around but they didn't last for long. Got the Dogs out had a pepsi then went back to bed. I don't know what a hangover feels like and don't care to, I never have been a drinker nor a fan of strong drink. If others like it fine to each his own..I have felt bad enough all week with this crud I have been fighting without something else making me feel bad..

Last edited:

genesis27:3

Old Mossy Horns
My New Years tradition has always been the same as my everyday tradition. Which is, go to bed by 2200, even during the weekend, and get up by 0500 and start my daily workout regiment. Never been a drinker, even when I was younger. Man, I sound like an old fuddy dud!:eek:
But, I can honestly say that I feel great this morning, especially without dealing with a hangover!

Here's a toast to the New Years... Holding my cup of coffee up!!:D:greenjump:

Last edited:

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
No drink or hangover for us either. It's been a very long time since we've dealt with that mess. Had a toast with sparkling cider at midnight, and were soon in bed.

Happy New Year, all. :)

Last edited:

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I hunted hard yesterday, knocked out by 10:00 pm, woke up briefly at midnight for all the gun fire. Nice to know I have armed neighbors, who believe in our freedoms.

When hangovers started lasting days, instead of hours I had to give that stuff up. Needless to say, I didn't have to worry about that this morning.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm sitting here wishing I DID have a hangover instead of this danged cold...hangover would be over with by days end!

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The only hang over I've got this morning is from sitting in the cold wind all day yesterday and staying up too late watching movies.
I'm getting ready to head to church in a few minutes, there's no one I need to thank more for this past year's graces.
You guys and gals have a safe and Happy New Year.

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I was up at 5 AM and drinking coffee like I am every morning. We don't go out for New Year's celebrations anymore - been there, done that. Don't drink to excess, either. But I always have good Bourbon, Scotch, and whiskey on hand. Its always sipped on for the pleasure and enjoyment of enjoying good liquor, never with the goal of getting drunk.

lil_shawn1990

No drinking for me last night lol. Had my kiddos this weekend

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
5:50 for me and the wife and I rung in the new year watching a Harry Potter movie. No booze, didn't even cook any blackeyed peas but my sister might bring some by after church. I just called my uncle to finalize plans for a float hunt Wednesday in an attempt to diminish the wood duck population in our favorite river. Word is that the river is full of ducks and hopefully the two warm days next week won't cause them to move on to another location. I like going when it's cold but my uncle turns 90 this year and can't handle the cold very well. We decided to both use singleshot guns to give them every break possible. It's all about the experience and anything we get will be gravy anyway.

C52

Eight Pointer
Like a friends of mines kid use to say, it was worth the whooping. Our group of best friends and a few extras get together every year, and even though we are in our mid 40s and 50s, we still drink our share.But not like we use to, and I'll be fine by 10 am. In bed at 3 up at 9.

jenkinsnb

Ten Pointer
One of about three occasions a year that I'll drink to. A close friend has come down from NY, a friend is in from Charlotte, a cousin is down from Morganton. I will say 5:30 came rather early... But, the day must go on one way or another.

Sportsman

Old Mossy Horns
A 2" thick ribeye, big ol twice baked potato, a crabcake, and a salad was a good foundation for 4 Bulleit Rye Old Fashioneds by the fire while watching the Tigers destroy the Buckeyes.

Up at 8:00, 3 eggs, Smith's Red & White link sausage, and cinnamon bread and good to go!

Happy New Year!

Last edited:

Frostcat

Twelve Pointer
Yesterday was our 28th wedding anniversary but Mrs. Frostcat has the crud, so we had a steak dinner at home then watched the Clemson game. I hated that split screen thing ESPN did. I don't care about seeing what the coaches are doing.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Ive always been one to stay up late and get up late. That schedule used to allow me to sleep through my hangovers, which was very nice.

This year I have to tend to a mangy ole german shepherd with tightrope surgery on her right knee. So I had two crown and gingers around midnight. Stayed up til 1. Got up at 630 and tended to the dog, then went back to sleep until 11. Got up...had a bowl of frosted flakes, a diet coke, and am cleaning today.

took

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I got up about light, cooked some french toast and dropped a sunny side up egg on top and had a cup of coffee. Was nice to not have a big head and drag around all day. Growing older and perhaps wiser does have its benefits at times.

HorNhnTr

Twelve Pointer
Drinking never made me feel good enough to wanna feel that bad. A lot more out there can do that without negative side effects.;)

Last edited:

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Got up early yesterday and hunted most of the day. Had some 2016 reminisce beers with the wife last night and fell out about 10. Back up this morning at 3 to go hunt. Today started our yearly January dryout so no more booze for me till groundhog day

Redeye

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Ii had a big shot (Nyquil) at 9pm and was out by 9:15. Got up about 9 this morning feeling rough from this blasted cold.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Hangovers are a product of not drinking enough water during the day and before bed, preparation is key.. I had all I wanted here at the house last night.. woke up at 8ish this morning and like every other one, did not have a hangover.. never had one as a matter of fact.. someday I might.. I surely have drank enough on more than one occasion. :D

lil_shawn1990

Ill celebrate tonight since i just dropped off my youngins

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

g3trappernc

Twelve Pointer
I had a few beers. But I stayed in all night ( no driving!). Watched the ball drop and went to sleep. I don't drink hard liquor, only beer, so I don't get a hangover. Was up early and got a bunch of stuff done around here today.

I don't miss the college days when I did drink liquor and had a tough time making it to class....

Redneck Rocker Dude

Old Mossy Horns
Drank a beer or 15, few shots of turkey, few hits of some lightning, laid down at 4 am and was on time for work at 7 am. Got off around 10 and cleaned the truck out as well as get some chores done around the house. I know I better enjoy it while I'm young cause it won't always be this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

team muddy creek

Twelve Pointer
I diddnt do any drinking last night either, however i did run several calls with drinking being the reason i was there. One oh gal drank a half of a fith of tiqula before 10:30. She loved everybody!