01-02-2017 Last Day

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Headed out the door in a few minutes for the last day of the firearm season. Good luck to all who are giving it a shot today. Keep your eyes open and your powder dry if you can.

<>< Fish

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I got to work today, so my deer hunting for this year is done. Freezer is full, so my season was a success. Best of luck to all those who get out in the rain today!

grey.ghost

Six Pointer
In the blind in wake county. Got the new years resolution out of the way...swim more. Good luck all. If you get wet, I hope you're dragging a deer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Sitting in a dry bix stand in Forsyth..added to my list of what I'm thankful for this year.
Like an earlier post, I walked in and climbed the ladder with a big umbrella and a smokin hot tumbler full of coffee. That took way more coordination than I typically have this early in the morning.
Good luck to those of us nutty enough to hunt on a rainy,windy day like this.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Just had 2 sprint across the back corne of the cut over next to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pugdaddy

Six Pointer
Now you will be tired and sore throat today in the rain

Wife just sent this text. And she wonders why I sit in the rain and hunt.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
What size windshield wiper fits a Burris 3-9x40? Nah, I'm dry and so it the rifle. Nothing moving in northern Moore so far.

<>< Fish

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Against my better judgement I made the drive from Concord to Reidsville to try and fill my 2 Bonus tags.

So far all I've seen is a skunk... hopefully a slick head or two will wander through...

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

w4sar

Six Pointer
Heading out at Noon, will sit out the final hours in my box blind in northern Orange County.

robertc

Eight Pointer
I just sleep in this morning when I woke up to hard rains. Just call me a weak. Then went to my favorite breakfast spot for tenderloin dipped in gravy biscuit and they were closed. Good luck on this last day to you folks that have braved the elements.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
I will give it one last shot this afternoon. Going to have some squirrel for lunch then will make my way to a tree!

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
i think you guys are going to see them this afternoon. low light brings them out in time to get them killed.

Good Luck to all of you .

pcbuckhunter

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The deer have begun to move a bit here in Rockingham County. Just saw a spike and a button head slinking through the overgrown swamp I'm watching today.

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

Redneck Rocker Dude

Old Mossy Horns
I'll be going out for my final hoorah here shortly. Not expecting much but I'm going where I had an encounter with a big buck earlier this season in hopes I'll catch him slipping again. He's probably on someone's wall by now but you never know

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
I'm on my way to watch over a swamp. If nothing else I can say i was hunting the last day of the season. Goodluck gentlemen

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Back in another box stand in Forsyth, we're doing our part. Now if the deer will only do theirs.
Good luck to those that are making that final attempt for the 2016-2017 deer season.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Back in.... Fox squirrel from this morning had no clue how close it was from eating a 250gn 338 LM. Fat Lil dink is in my corn pile every morning

WildmanSC

Spike
My Podiatrist ended my deer season three and a half weeks ago. I'm diabetic, have neuropathy in my feet and made the mistake of walking a doxie we were dog sitting outside to rid herself of excess water. I didn't feel it, but when I took one step on our concrete porch it lifted a piece of skin about 3/8 x 3/8". We put antibiotic on it and bandaged it, but three days later it had a bad infection. I went to my Dr. and he put me on 10 days of antibiotic. It took care of the infection, but unfortunately it didn't prevent an ulcer from forming on the bottom of my big toe. I've been treating it with medication the Podiatrist gave me for over a month now. He also sent me to a Brace company to get an unloading boot to remove pressure from the pad on the bottom of my toe. I had a very good season and the freezer is full. I have turkey season and next fall to look forward to in 2017!

Bill

Last edited:

JD1107

Just got in the stand here in Pitt county. Plan was to hit a field stand but the fog rolled in good so I moved back into the woods. Haven't had any corn out in awhile but still gonna give it a go and see what happens! Good luck everyone and enjoy the last few hours!

Rock_61

Four Pointer
Back in ground blind overlooking food plot and corn. I already miss deer hunting. Guess time to grab ole single shot 410 and lower the squirrel population tomorrow. Glad I fattened them up.

Good Luck Everyone!

stoked64

Button Buck
Didn't think I would get out, been raining hard all day here in NE Carolina. Had some dry air move in for evening hunt. Overlooking bean field food Plot for my last 3 hours of the year. Hopefully something for the freezer shows up. MY son shot a nice buck and a small funky looking spike this year but I passed on 50 or 60 does and small bucks all year. Going to clear the dust out of my barrel god willing. Good luck to all.

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Figured I would sit home today and stay dry. I have 2 deer in coolers, 1 Friday and 1 yesterday, on ice in the barn, so plenty to do. Been seeing nothing but does from the condo and knee does not feel like walking back into the woods to the ground blind. Would be tough to drag one out from back there.

I will do a lot of squirrel hunting later in the week. Check game cameras to maybe see what deer made it thru the season.

Last edited: