01-02-2017 Last Day

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Congrats Travis! Did you know he was in the area?

I knew there was still 2 shooters in the area but this deer has never been on mine or the other guys cams that hunt within 5 miles of this pine thicket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cowgirl

Four Pointer
Very nice deer! Congrats and a great way to end the season! Nice shot too! I love long range shots like that.

buckman84

Eight Pointer
Hope your like me and do a little reloading costs a good bit to feed those 338's. A little overkill for deer hunting around my way, its way to thick. Congrats on the buck last day buck thats awesome!

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Congrats to ALL the successful hunters today, especially you, TravisLH on that great buck! That's the way we ALL wish we could end our seasons!

Redneck Rocker Dude

Old Mossy Horns
He got bigger on the ground
7f682c4bece12d670786adcfe6f7232c.jpg
87d2a9ce604032cfe38735d9c8639555.jpg

That is a damn STUD. Congrats.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Congrats on a dandy, Travis.

Well ... another disappointing season ended for me. Feel sad it's ending, but also relieved. All I'm seeing (again today) are 3 fawns. Just glad nobody felt the need to kill any of them, but am sure they'll be shot next year as yearlings. I need to find other places to hunt, I reckon.

bowhnter88

Six Pointer
They say it ain't over til the fat lady sings, well this lady sang her last time. No bucks for me this year but still had a great one and saw lots of up and comers.
8459870e051623acecd8398cc886e889.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Ended up the season not shooting a deer in NC. That's not a huge deal for me and I could do either a trip to Alabama or/and Florida and most likely fill a tag there if I so choose.
I still have meat in the freezer from last year, it just doesn't get eaten at my house.
In the last 15 minutes of the season I put my scope on a big nanny doe and said bang, bang, bang 5 times...just to prove to myself that I did my part, it's the deer that were absent from my hunts this year.

Six Pointer
Worked yesterday till 4:15pm. Got to stand about 4:55. Had a button, two does, skunk and two raccoons in the lane. About 5:25 I look upward toward the Heavens and thanked God for blessing me this year. Worst year for deer hunting in the last 20-25 years, but He has blessed me in many other ways and for that I am very thankful.
Let all three deer walk with a good feeling for next season. I still have five afternoon hunts after work in Va.

Maybe OUR biggest blessing came on November 8,2016. For that we all should be thankful. At least we should be able to keep our guns lawfully for at least four more years.