Hunting license?

Ridgeline66

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I guy I work with just asked me if you have to have a hunting license to hunt your own land I told him pretty sure you do because you may own your land but not the wildlife, I have always had a license so I guess you do, correct?

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
In NC the landowner and their immediate family do not need a license to hunt property that you own. You still have to follow the regulations regarding registering big game that you kill.

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
Quackman, the Regulations Digest on page 4 states that one exempt from having requirements of a hunting license ( landowner, spouse, dependents) must obtain a "License Exempt Big Game Harvest Report Card" when hunting deer, bear, or turkey and adhere to designated seasons and bag limits....this includes reporting kill just as one that has to buy a license. Just like us seniors that no longer have to purchase license each yr, we have to get deer, turkey, etc. tags each yr. and report kills.

WildmanSC

Spike
There is at least one advantage to getting old! You don't have to buy hunting license anymore once you purchase the lifetime senior license!

Bill

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
As per regulations, and mentioned above, no license is required. Go to any licensing agent for NCWRC and tell them you want big game tags to hunt your own property. They will print them out for you. Could probably do the same thing on their site also without having to pay the convenience fee.

TacticalTed.com

Four Pointer
"License, license, we don't need no stinking license." - Treasure of the Sierra Madre - sort of.

Last edited:

JLove1974

Twelve Pointer
Those darn property rights working for the owner again! Oh btw when the resource is on your property, you really do "own" it unless it can fly or walk away. Case in point: fish in your pond that get there without stocking