Voodoo the full story

GregC

Six Pointer
that is what i hope for last day every year - glad it happened to someone - very nice buck. hard to tell from the pics but could be 130

Dan Apple

Old Mossy Horns
Great deer,,,, but the thing that sticks out most to me is 6 miles away! I have often suspected that some bucks are sort of nomadic and really don't have a "home" range... we get a pic of them once and that's it... no matter the time of year...

broodc2

Four Pointer
Congrats! You know a similar thing happened to me and none of the guys at my club believed me. Now my distances were different than yours but same thing happened. I went into a ground blind on our club I had never been to before. Guy says he put corn on the road the blind sits on. I get in the blind and around 7 AM with enough light I dial up the scope to max range and look down the road (probably 125 yards) to see if I can see if any corn is still there. Just then my site picture browns/blacks out and I jump back a little because it scares the crap out of me. Turns out a young 8 point stepped out in front of me at like 60 yards haha. I dialed the scope way back and squeezed one off. I didn't even need to reposition the gun. Turns out the corn was spread out 60 yards in front me on a down slope I couldn't see. So I was only off by 70 or so yards haha. I get back to camp and THEN he tells me the corn wasn't that far down the road as he was trying to get an easy shot set up for his teenage son. Son decided to stay in and play video games that morning instead of the blind his Daddy set up prime for him. Oh well.

luckybuck

Old Mossy Horns
Great deer,,,, but the thing that sticks out most to me is 6 miles away! I have often suspected that some bucks are sort of nomadic and really don't have a "home" range... we get a pic of them once and that's it... no matter the time of year...

The story of my hunting life...I watch certain bucks all summer and they vanish in mid September only to show back up in mid January...I did see an absolute brute this season though...much bigger than any I have ever seen on our farm.

Johnnie

Ten Pointer

As usual, Dan's thoughts are spot on. Just like people, deer are individuals.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
I'll guess, I33

Dead on, just got the score card and he made 133 5/8. I was hoping he was gonna hit 140 but by no means am I disappointed, he's still my largest and as a 8pt way over avg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk