NC Coastal Hunt Report

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Myself and 2 friends had a great hunt in less than ideal conditions Monday and Tuesday. We hunted with Troy Boyd, Fowl Hooked Outfitters. This was the first time I have hunted with him and I was very impressed. He was very easy to get along with and did a great job putting us on birds. We had warm temps and heavy rain at times and we fell 3 birds short of 3 man limit for our 2 days hunting. I would definitely recommend Troy and Fowl Hooked if you are looking for a guided hunt on the coast, I know I will be back!

I was going to post pictures, but after reading some of the other threads, I decided against it as my pics show piles of birds, some of which may or may not contain hens... :D

JD1107

Congrats!! I don't blame ya for not posting pictures with hens, it's be a tough crowd around here lately! Would you mind sharing what species of birds you were shooting? PM is fine if you'd rather do it that way. I'll be down at the coast Saturday and haven't been seeing much of anything besides some bluebills and buffleheads along with big rafts of reds that don't want to play. Thanks in advance!

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
JD, we shot buffleheads, mallards, teal, and a few ringnecks, gadwall, and bluebills. There were not a lot of divers when we were there. Hopefully with this colder weather you will get some divers to move in.

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
If ya'll insist...
17289d3190f724f69466f0bdbda0ad0c.jpg
41302257a4c6f9fe8ddd49742bdc8d1c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Where's Ole Gunner??

He's usually wanting in Troy's pics. Ha

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Gunner is still retrieving birds!! I can't even begin to imagine how many birds that dog has retrieved in his life... Troy said he turned 9 this year!!

JD1107

JD, we shot buffleheads, mallards, teal, and a few ringnecks, gadwall, and bluebills. There were not a lot of divers when we were there. Hopefully with this colder weather you will get some divers to move in.

Appreciate the report! Sounds like a great time!

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Looks like a good hunt! I hunted with a guide down east last weekend and didn't kill anything.

Thats cause all the hens have been shot due to Quality Duck Management practices. Oh yeah and blue tongue..or wait maybe blue bill

ceanderson

Six Pointer
Myself and 2 friends had a great hunt in less than ideal conditions Monday and Tuesday. We hunted with Troy Boyd, Fowl Hooked Outfitters. This was the first time I have hunted with him and I was very impressed. He was very easy to get along with and did a great job putting us on birds. We had warm temps and heavy rain at times and we fell 3 birds short of 3 man limit for our 2 days hunting. I would definitely recommend Troy and Fowl Hooked if you are looking for a guided hunt on the coast, I know I will be back!

I was going to post pictures, but after reading some of the other threads, I decided against it as my pics show piles of birds, some of which may or may not contain hens... :D

Troy is a great guide and has become good friend. I've hunted with him several years and every trip has been great whether we killed limits or not. I hunted with Troy Dec 27-30 and while others were having troubles because of the weather Troy and Preston did a great job and we found a few birds. We were able to kill 54 ducks between 3 hunters in 4 days and we were very happy with that.Congrats on your hunt and finding a great guide.

Last edited: