How was your season?

The Noose

Button Buck
Hasn't been quite the year I wanted, but did manage to get my wife in a stand for the first time since I've known her. Bought her a savage .223 for Christmas and been out several times to a neighbors stand. Seen lots of does and some button bucks. We did have one 4 point walk passed us before we were set up and never saw him again. I got a 7 point early in season in freezer and mount to the shop. She still hasn't managed to take a shot at anything but getting her out is a step in the right direction.
2016-12-17 07.59.37.jpg

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
not good season here lots of deer on camera at NIGHT none all season in day time have no clue how to bring the deer out during day time any ideas . thank you
Dogs or man drives if you know where they're laying low and have permission to be there.

GotNoRules

Ten Pointer
Pretty good season overall. My bow season was extremely slow only seeing 2 deer in over 10 sits. When the weather cooled down I started to see many more deer. Saw lots of does and some small bucks but no shooter bucks and very few "next year" bucks. I killed 3 does and one mistake 6 pointer I should not have shot. I was able to get lots of meat for the freezer but hoping to thin a few more does at the beginning of bow season next year. Overall I consider this season a success for many reasons. I was safe, I was able to go a lot, took some deer, and had fun.

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
This was by far my best season to date. I joined a new lease near my home where I was able to have encounters with 3 different mature bucks during archery season. Only got a shot at one of those bucks and I missed but still count those hunts as a success. Fast forward to November where I killed the largest deer of my hunting career (151" gross) and several does for the freezer. And to cap it off I was able to guide my wife the rest of the season and watch her harvest her first deer in December. Gonna be hard to top this season but I look forward to trying!

Bar3006

Ten Pointer
Worst ever been hunting since 1978 and saw 1 buck and 5 does the whole season. At this rate in 5 years there will be no more deer hunting as they will be on the endangered list.

Bar3006

csmacken

Four Pointer
Hunted 8 different days (2 mornings and 6 evenings) and harvested a nice 8 and the biggest buck of my hunting career. I would consider it a success.

redbow

Ten Pointer
Great season, actually best ever for seeing bucks. I killed 4 nice mature bucks and one doe. Saw the least number of does this season than ever before. Maybe I have unwittingly figured out where bucks hang out. Who knows? It will probably be different next year anyway.

Ceehawk37

Ten Pointer
I took a mature 8 out in Uwharrie during gun season. Managed only a handful of hunts this season but saw deer when I expected to. Hunted twice late in the season when the weather didn't cooperate but that's how it goes. Still some time left for me in Alabama but not sure if the weather will play nice or not.