Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How was your season?

Old Mossy Horns

Bad. No, I mean terrible. Worst ever. Saw 4 deer all season. Zero deer in the freezer.

I had a great season. I watched several small bucks walk right past during archery season. Never reached for my bow, hoping in a couple of years they'll really be impressive. Freezer was low so when rifle season came in I managed to get three does. It was primarily a dry season for me. Not much rain at all. I spent more time in the woods this fall with six weeks off. I only missed a couple of days without being in a stand. It was a great year!

Four Pointer

No big one but shot two one crossbow, one rifle both clean kills two in freezer saw a good many deer this year let them walk, my neighbor shoots them cause he likes to "pull the trigger" good or bad so I try to let some walk. Wife don't like deer meat so no use in wasting them.

Sevierville TN. Randolph county Native!!!

4 in TN, 2 in NC.
    All does but one, a cowhorn on a "brown it's down" hunt in west TN.

All ground and resting comfortably in 1lb bags in the freezer.
    I live in Tennessee, but my home is North By God Carolina!
    Just because you do not agree with my opinion, it does not make me wrong!

Four Pointer

For number of sightings, worst year ever. I am fortunate to have killed a young buck and a doe, so I am very grateful considering how few I saw.

Fewest hunts I've ever been on. I shoot the first two legal deer I see every year for the freezer. The first (a doe) I shot 5 mins after legal shooting time the first hunt I went on. (Woulda shot her sooner but it was to dark to see). The second deer (six pointer) I took on my second hunt right at the end of legal shooting time.

I went 4-5 times after that but I was out of town for a few weeks plus I wanted to give my dad the opportunity to hunt any stand he wanted to since it is his land I hunt on I think I'm gonna be doing some squirrel hunting cause I don't feel like I got enough time in the woods this year
    Fear the Honey Badger

I kept a record of my still hunting trips. I saw a total of 294 deer with 32 being bucks with visible horns. I hunt a few different farms with various stands and I realize I saw some deer more than once but I wrote down what I saw for each trip. I also saw some bucks that I never saw again during the rest of the season. Got a nice 9 and a nice 8 out of the deal. Saw a lot of deer in front of dogs too but did not keep up with them.

I love to be out there hunting and this year I hunted the least I have since I started hunting
    Shooting 2012 ELITE Answer

About 60 short afternoon local hunts, after 45 days I got the mature buck that I was hunting w/my rifle. Saw about 15 other individual deer the whole season including just 2 fawns and 4 bucks besides the one that I killed. Population way down. Some found dead w/hemoragic disease and coyotes continue to impact the fawns. Next year will be poor too I'm betting. I made a trip to western kentucky but the weather was very warm and deer were few. Did not shoot anything.
    Last edited by Aaron H; 01-05-2017 at 06:04 PM.

1 big doewith the bow,
    8 and 9 point bucks with smokepole,
    1 big doe with the 7mmremmag
    And 1 with a Dakota

Not too bad

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk