Stupid Question Re: Food Plots

Acorn1956

Six Pointer
I'm new to this so I may be asking some stupid questions! Just want to get it right!

I plan on frost seeding Durana clover in Feb so I want to lime this month. Do I add lime and then till or till and then add lime. The fields have not been tilled for 2 years. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
You don't have to till, it just gets the lime deeper, quicker. The tilling will help if you plan to frost seed, by creating surface that will better hold seed, and will have better chance at soil contact to germinate and establish a root system.
I personally would lime then till the soil and even drag it to get the big lumps out, that way you'll be ready to frost seed next month.

Acorn1956

Six Pointer
You don't have to till, it just gets the lime deeper, quicker. The tilling will help if you plan to frost seed, by creating surface that will better hold seed, and will have better chance at soil contact to germinate and establish a root system.
I personally would lime then till the soil and even drag it to get the big lumps out, that way you'll be ready to frost seed next month.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk