Tax Parcel Id App

para4514

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Still is for me. To actually get app I had to access it through the smart phone. Again, no tech guru.

Jlewis74

Old Mossy Horns

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
I got it on my tablet but couldn't get it to do anything but zoom. Found layers but couldn't get any to come up. Any ideas?

para4514

Eight Pointer
Contributor
These are the instructions that I used.
On your mobile device go to https://www.arcgis.com/home/index.html
In the search box type “nconemap parcels” and select “search for apps”
Parcel Viewer web mapping application by nconemap should be on the top of your search results

On my phone with GSP enabled this is showing me up to date location (reloads every couple of seconds), parcel boundaries, recent air photo basemap and property ownership info.

This morning I am getting an error message about layers not being able to be loaded, don't know what is up. Worked great yesterday.

Last edited:

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
The dinosaur still lives in Virgilina. I'm guessing that it only works on a phone? Is it because it is an "app", whatever that is?

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Finally got imagery but the aerials are over 2 years old. Since it is coming from the same place, it is what is on the county GIS site.

para4514

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Yes, it will be the same imagery as on county tax parcel. The benefit when app works is real time location and identification of parcel boundaries and landowner info based on your current location.

North Carolina is on a 3 year rotation for air photo updates by state government. Most recent released was 2015 in southern Piedmont, rest of the state is older than that without going to a commercial provider such as google earth

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Copy. So I won't get an updated map view till this year, hopefully.
But I assume the boundaries are still taken from the county GIS info. Use caution if that is the case because they are not exactly accurate. Just where the guy in the office draws the lines as best as he can figure. On the county GIS map, there is about 80 ac. of my place that is not shown as being mine.

pir8rn

Six Pointer
So if we can't rely on county GIS info, how do we know where the boundaries actually are?!?

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
,,,,,,,,, they are not exactly accurate. Just where the guy in the office draws the lines as best as he can figure. On the county GIS map, there is about 80 ac. of my place that is not shown as being mine.

Had some relatives that were claiming the family land crossed a river into another county because the online GIS line was on the other side of the river,,,,,,,took some effort to convince them otherwise

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
^ This...... there is no way an individual can accurately place the property lines on the maps, especially if there are dual counties involved. There is a reason there are disclaimers on all those sites.

deerslyr30-06

Old Mossy Horns
Landglide is a good one to show landowner names and a rough showing of property lines. But like others have said, nothing can replace the actual survey maps and information from the county court house.

Last edited:

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Had some relatives that were claiming the family land crossed a river into another county because the online GIS line was on the other side of the river,,,,,,,took some effort to convince them otherwise

We had a farm where they adjusted the GIS maps to add an additional ~10 acres or so that including a very good white oak ridge. The confusing thing was that there were actually steel pins in the ground that lined up with the new line on both corners. We hunted it thinking that they had made a (correct) correction to the map. The neighbor behind thought it was correct too. Then about 6-7 years later, they moved the line back. The neighbor acknowledged that he wasn't sure of the line either, but asked that since the line was now moved back, for us to remove any stands. We did. The pins were correct, but the true line has a rectangular "jag" to it.

para4514

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Leave it to me to post something about technology the same week that they revamped their servers.

New URL is https://nconemap.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=c49f804bced8479fb83d0cadf1436b25

Never presented this or claimed it would provide survey accurate property lines. Just an option to ID parcel landowners based on your current location without having to go to county websites. I found this as a free option to a program like landglide which I think cost $99/year. Not sure of other features that Landglide or similar apps have that could prove beneficial to some.

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
I have been using Huntstand. That App has a parcel I'd unit on it. You can subscribe to the I'd or just get 10 free id's per month.

Just click on the parcel and hit yes to see who owns the land.

d097e047d4f28e93f5cb561c73fda62b.jpg

Last edited: