Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tax Parcel Id App

Copy. So I won't get an updated map view till this year, hopefully.
    But I assume the boundaries are still taken from the county GIS info. Use caution if that is the case because they are not exactly accurate. Just where the guy in the office draws the lines as best as he can figure. On the county GIS map, there is about 80 ac. of my place that is not shown as being mine.

Four Pointer

So if we can't rely on county GIS info, how do we know where the boundaries actually are?!?

Quote Originally Posted by lasttombstone View Post
    ,,,,,,,,, they are not exactly accurate. Just where the guy in the office draws the lines as best as he can figure. On the county GIS map, there is about 80 ac. of my place that is not shown as being mine.

Had some relatives that were claiming the family land crossed a river into another county because the online GIS line was on the other side of the river,,,,,,,took some effort to convince them otherwise
    ,,,,sent using Jedi Mind Tricks,,,,,,,

Picture a combination right wing, libertarian, unabomber, conservational, nationalist who believes in reverent science and who, to his core, remembers the words he swore to "defend the constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic........so help me God"

Quote Originally Posted by pir8rn View Post
    So if we can't rely on county GIS info, how do we know where the boundaries actually are?!?

Real maps,,,survey data and survey markings,,,,talk with landowner,,,,,
    ,,,,sent using Jedi Mind Tricks,,,,,,,

Picture a combination right wing, libertarian, unabomber, conservational, nationalist who believes in reverent science and who, to his core, remembers the words he swore to "defend the constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic........so help me God"

^ This...... there is no way an individual can accurately place the property lines on the maps, especially if there are dual counties involved. There is a reason there are disclaimers on all those sites.

Default Tax Parcel Id App

Landglide is a good one to show landowner names and a rough showing of property lines. But like others have said, nothing can replace the actual survey maps and information from the county court house.
    Last edited by deerslyr30-06; 01-08-2017 at 08:19 AM.
    Welcome to walmart, get your **** and get out!

Quote Originally Posted by woodmoose View Post
    Had some relatives that were claiming the family land crossed a river into another county because the online GIS line was on the other side of the river,,,,,,,took some effort to convince them otherwise
    We had a farm where they adjusted the GIS maps to add an additional ~10 acres or so that including a very good white oak ridge. The confusing thing was that there were actually steel pins in the ground that lined up with the new line on both corners. We hunted it thinking that they had made a (correct) correction to the map. The neighbor behind thought it was correct too. Then about 6-7 years later, they moved the line back. The neighbor acknowledged that he wasn't sure of the line either, but asked that since the line was now moved back, for us to remove any stands. We did. The pins were correct, but the true line has a rectangular "jag" to it.

Four Pointer

Leave it to me to post something about technology the same week that they revamped their servers.

New URL is https://nconemap.maps.arcgis.com/app...3d0cadf1436b25

Never presented this or claimed it would provide survey accurate property lines. Just an option to ID parcel landowners based on your current location without having to go to county websites. I found this as a free option to a program like landglide which I think cost $99/year. Not sure of other features that Landglide or similar apps have that could prove beneficial to some.

I have been using Huntstand. That App has a parcel I'd unit on it. You can subscribe to the I'd or just get 10 free id's per month.

Just click on the parcel and hit yes to see who owns the land.

Last edited by bshobbs; 01-12-2017 at 08:04 PM.
    De Oppresso Liber