Oddball items you carry

Brad_Colvin

Eight Pointer
Deer seasons are over and the weather is bad so let's talk turkeys. What's an oddball item,non call related, that you carry to the woods in the spring. Mine is a plastic grocery bag. It has so many uses. It sounds like walking in leaves without much movement and when used right sounds exactly like a turkey flying up or down from or to roost.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

hoyt85

Six Pointer
I carry a small bottle with some of my dads ashes in it. I also carry one or two mini bottles of wild turkey 101. Remembrance and Celebration I call it.

Thutty-thutty

Eight Pointer
2 ziplock bags to put box calls in ( if it rains) , also carry extra rubber bands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colekira

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Kleenex, because I'm the worlds worst turkey hunter and always leave the woods crying!

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Plastic bread bag with a rubber band so my clothes don't get too messed up with the blood of a jelly head.

.... haven't needed it these past few years, though ...

hawglips

Old Mossy Horns
I carry paper towels folded up in my cargo pocket - instead of TP. I always carry an apple or orange and a couple granola bars also.

1gonewrong

Six Pointer
I don't carry much of anything. Just two turkey calls, diaphragm and slate call, crow call, bottle of water, old single barrel 12 ga. 2 shells and an empty bag to carry my turkey out of the woods. That's plenty for a run and gun 75 year old.

josh

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I always have a plastic bag or two with me in the woods, never know what you made need them for, anything from edible mushrooms to other trash I may find in the woods can go in a bag and get carried out.

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Plastic bread bag with a rubber band so my clothes don't get too messed up with the blood of a jelly head.

.... haven't needed it these past few years, though ...

Good idea.. nothing like getting blood from your waist down to your feet.

I take a couple of calls, bottle of water and a few snacks and LOTS And LOts of hope and wishes.

gobbler

Eight Pointer
other than calls, bug spray, pruning shears, water, and a small new testament, i also wear the same hat that i have worn since i started, it looks pretty rough now

TarheelTurkey

Six Pointer
Four leaf clovers I've found in a old mouth call container. And the first state park turkey quarter my dad found and gave to me. The last one he found for me is with me always in my wallet for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hawglips

Old Mossy Horns
I always have a plastic bag or two with me in the woods, never know what you made need them for, anything from edible mushrooms to other trash I may find in the woods can go in a bag and get carried out.

One of the simple pleasures of life is to get your pants soaked with jellyhead blood on the way to the truck....

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
One of the simple pleasures of life is to get your pants soaked with jellyhead blood on the way to the truck....

You know...I've always enjoyed that, but that last bird I killed in KS last year...lawd've mercy!!! I was sick and tired of that bloody thing by the time I got back to the truck;)

I didn't know a turkey had that much blood in him, as he left a very obvious blood trail for 3/4 of a mile, not to mention soaked me from head to toe...I had blood on my socks, inside a pair of 18" lacrosse boots lol