Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time Warner Rant

when they are the only game in town you dont have much of a choice, they have you by the nut sack. and DSL is worse. we have charter and there services stinks.. 7-10 for a new line dang. years ago the tech did all the work now its all contracted out

We are blessed to live in a semi secluded spot in a rural area, but with that blessing comes the curse of no cable options..none.
    We get DSL from Windstream and currently have the "blazing" speed of .03 kb....yes that's no misprint....03kb...not even fast enough to load emails most days. We pay for 3mb..but the absolute fastest we have ever had was .6mb....and that was prior to them running the new wire from the junction by the main road.
    We have complained..numerous times..and it has never been fixed. I have no options except satellite internet, which I hear is super expensive and very unreliable.

Eight Pointer

Firedog.... if you want to try AT&T send me your info in PM and I will get someone to call you and see what they can do.....if available to you......I can save you the "ON HOLD" time by having them call you when you request it.

my internet comes via radio signal from a tower about 3 miles away,,,,,,

it ain't fast,,,,and sometimes the "tower is out",,,,,,but it works for me,,,,,

small company run out of Hamlet,,,,,,,,,,
    ,,,,sent using Jedi Mind Tricks,,,,,,,

Picture a combination right wing, libertarian, unabomber, conservational, nationalist who believes in reverent science and who, to his core, remembers the words he swore to "defend the constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic........so help me God"

I am not renting it.. it came with the package when I set it up.. no cost to me.. Earthlink is still cheaper than TWC and has no equipment fee.. and at the end of the day the modem is/was not the problem anyway.
    RacPlaques.com

Vegetarian.. old Indian word for bad hunter!

Broke down last year and bought our own modem. Never been happier.
    GO WOLFPACK!

Quote Originally Posted by Firedog View Post
    I am not renting it.. it came with the package when I set it up.. no cost to me.. Earthlink is still cheaper than TWC and has no equipment fee.. and at the end of the day the modem is/was not the problem anyway.
    May want to look into that..
    I have earthlink also and it is from TWC.
    they started hitting me with rental and other fees for router and modem.
    All Info and Rants Copyright 2016 Mr.Gadget
    NRA LIFE BENEFACTOR MEMBER
    www.nra.org

www.n-ssa.org

www.militaryappreciationday.org

OMG
    Obama Must Go
    The SOB is almost gone!!!

If it's TWC, they'll probably run an RG-11 under the road to your house.

There is no point of placing it temporarily across the road. First car that hits it will distort the buffer between the center conductor and the outer shield, and you'll be down again.

AT&T using only a couple of twisted pairs can run a flat line that holds up longer but not to numerous cars.

7-10 days for someone to come locate all the utilities, another crew to come out and bore under the street, then plow both to the ped, and to your house, especially given weather impact, isn't all that long of a stretch.

The bigger question imho, is why does it keep going down? Cut? Moisture? Bad Tap? SOmething is happening. They lose money by replacing the line and not charging an install fee for it. I used to do that and 20 years ago a 20 ft road bore and 200 feet of 8 inches deep paid probably $350-400 to us.

On my phone plan, I pay $10 a month for a wifi hotspot that I probbly use every month. It is extremely handy, and I can use several laptops or tablets with it. Doubt it'd be great for netflix though.
    Last edited by NCST8GUY; 01-10-2017 at 11:02 PM.
    "Too often we judge other groups by their worst examples, while judging ourselves by our best intentions" GWB 7/12/16