flintlock season in North Carolina

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
They got some kind of glacier zone in SC that I don't know about? Who in the hell would want to deer hunt on August 15th? ,,,,,.

me

it's not so bad,,,,especially when there is a breeze,,,,,,and thank GOD for thermacell!

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
If it was a season and I had to hunt only with a primitive weapons I would. For now if you want to hunt with a flintlock then do it during the muzzleloader season until the end of the fire arms season. It's plenty long enough..:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jim67

Eight Pointer
Hey what if we only had 2 weeks of gun season here, and had more bow season ,and then add another week of ML season in January ..

This is kind of what I was thinking. Let the season end as it does now but end with either bow again or BP. Cut out some rifle.

jim67

Eight Pointer
Here is my proposal. Bow season starts as it does ML also but get rid of the Sunday hunting regulations which is BS in my opinion, and make Sun just like any other day, then cut the season down 1 month.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Why? So we can have to buy another weapon? Is it really any harder to shoot a deer with a flintlock than a cap or primer? No

Who said you had to buy one?

Is anybody forcing anybody to buy a bow and hunt during the archery only season?

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
can we use catch dogs though? could be fun,,,,,killed a hog that way,,,could try a deer (watch the horns and hooves though),,,,,,,,

Goog says it's legal to use catch dogs for deer on Sundays! May have to limit the kill to fawns and sick deer tho.....:p

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Do you need to wear primitive clothing too?

only if your a "real traditionalist",,,,,but if you don't the others will scoff and mock your "modern clothes",,,,,,,,,,,,,

images