RIP Boone and welcome home.

92xj

Eight Pointer
I will miss you. Thankfully you just made it to the house safe and sound today.
You were my best friend and I could not ask for anything more than what you gave.
May you retrieve every single hen shot in heaven.
Mr. Bearden (decoycarver), thank you for your talent and art work on his urn. He will make many more hunts with me over the course of my lifetime, Truly amazing talent you have.

ChasinTrophies

I tear up every time I read one of these. I feel almost as strongly about the loss of a good dog as I do for the loss of a human family member. I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss. The decoy is a beautiful piece of art and an amazing way to remember him. My deepest condolences to you.

92xj

Eight Pointer
Thanks guys.
I'm grateful for Patrick's work and having his ashes inside this decoy and be able to hunt with Boone for as long as I see fit. He was one of those great ones that went way to early.

decoycarver

Six Pointer
Ben it was my pleasure to carve Boones final resting place. He seemed like a great dog and I know all too well how it feels when they are no longer there. May you and your best friend continue to have good hunts together.

nchunt101

Ten Pointer
Loosing a good dog is just as bad if not worse than a person dying. I really like the urn and wish I had done something like that for my Betsy that died last month.

92xj

Eight Pointer
Loosing a good dog is just as bad if not worse than a person dying. I really like the urn and wish I had done something like that for my Betsy that died last month.

Do you have an old collar or dog tags and a picture still? Those would fit inside one of decoycarvers hollowed out birds.

Troutbum82

Twelve Pointer
Man I'm so sorry for your loss and the decoy idea is the best I've ever heard. Wishing you some awesome hunts over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In2Fowl

Spike
92XJ sorry for your loss, I face the same in the very near future. Great choice on Patrick, I saw a decoy of his on this site a year or so a go and now proud to display several of his pieces. The man is simply talented!

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Sorry for your loss.

269e8bdca7db785718a85cf7ae2405ba.jpg