Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone hunt with the Daniel Defense Ambush .308?

You thought about 6.8 spc or 6.5 Grendel in AR15?

If not dead set on AR 10 platform, it may be help you shave quite a bit of weight and cost.

You could build a 6.8 rifle for less than $600, and add a custom trigger for another $200, and still have less in it than an entry AR10 with milspec trigger and furniture.

I built a 6.8 to hunt with this year. It's chronicled in a thread in the readloadinng/firearm section.

Dropped a 200# 8pt in his tracks with a 110 grain Nosler Accubond shooting under 1 moa in my rifle.
    Last edited by appmtnhntr; 01-11-2017 at 02:28 PM.

My wife and I hunted with an Ar-10 this year. One thing to think about is whether or not the gun has a forward assist button. If you go into the woods unloaded then try and quietly chamber around your asking for trouble. I did it this year, I knew it was a bad thing when I loaded it, I turned out to be right when the gun clicked. I reloaded again the same way expecting the same results and sure enough. click. So thats a big thing to keep in mind. Other than that they work just fine

2A Armament XLR-18

Some of you may remember me posting about this deer earlier in the year.

Got her another one with the .308 in Texas this year. We actually let this deer walk the first night and the guys said it was a management buck they wanted gone. There practice was killing any 8pt bucks that were older than 3.5
    Last edited by Smitty010203; 01-11-2017 at 02:54 PM.

Sorry I have lots of rifles and the ars I have are no where as light as the kimber montanas I have. They are 22 inch barrels and are as handy as the ars I have. I have a handful of ars and honestly don't see the alure of them as a hunting weapon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When we (man) experienced our fall from grace, God endowed the dog with all the properties initially intended for us...honesty, loyalty, nobility etc. and made the dog our best friend to be kept by our side so that we could see what strengths of character we could aspire to....but never quite achieve.....

Eight Pointer

I have the Ambush .300 blackout and love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty010203 View Post
    My wife and I hunted with an Ar-10 this year. One thing to think about is whether or not the gun has a forward assist button. If you go into the woods unloaded then try and quietly chamber around your asking for trouble. I did it this year, I knew it was a bad thing when I loaded it, I turned out to be right when the gun clicked. I reloaded again the same way expecting the same results and sure enough. click. So thats a big thing to keep in mind. Other than that they work just fine

2A Armament XLR-18

Some of you may remember me posting about this deer earlier in the year.

Got her another one with the .308 in Texas this year. We actually let this deer walk the first night and the guys said it was a management buck they wanted gone. There practice was killing any 8pt bucks that were older than 3.5
    Screw the gun.....

Tell us more about the wife........

Great pictures but I did not see a deer or gun. Can you post a better one.
    All Info and Rants Copyright 2016 Mr.Gadget
    NRA LIFE BENEFACTOR MEMBER
    www.nra.org

www.n-ssa.org

www.militaryappreciationday.org

OMG
    Obama Must Go
    The SOB is almost gone!!!

Eight Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Gadget View Post
    Screw the gun.....

Tell us more about the wife........

Great pictures but I did not see a deer or gun. Can you post a better one.
    You missed out on the pics earlier during the past season. And on Facebook. Tough luck. She's a Ninja. 😂😂😂

Button Buck

I hunt with DD Ambush in 6.8SPC. Great gun for hunting deer woods and smaller pastures/fields. It has 18" barrel and is very accurate but anything over 300yds I would prefer bolt action. DD makes good stuff but other manufacturers make good stuff for less money. An AR-10 build is great option also. Enjoy the toys.