Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Boone NF Kentucky

Twelve Pointer

Default Daniel Boone NF Kentucky

Anybody hunt DB NF in Kentucky?

I got a buddy who lives in London KY so have a place to stay. I was curious if anybody had any input on it, I am thinking about giving it a try for a few days next archery season. I hope to get out there this summer and have a look around.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Twelve Pointer

What county?

Funny, I just finalized plans with some friends for a hiking trip in the first weekend in march near slade ( Sheltowee Trace trail, powell county). I was wondering if it was legal to hunt and if so was going to do a little scouting while on the trip. would you be near there?
    A poor craftsman blames his tools.

dpc if I were you I would look around before spring green up. You'll be able to tell a lot more. I have seen some nice deer coming out of dbnf passing through to hunt central KY.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Twelve Pointer

I would be staying in Laurens County. From looking at the map there is NF on both sides of I75. I would be closest to the Western portion and in the London Ranger District.

LDG thanks for the input. Guess I will have to make a trip this winter and get acclimated, it's not a bad drive from where I live.

I've driven through it on I-75... looks a lot like WNC terrain... google search reveals some nice bucks killed out of there... I would imagine rifle rut hunt would offer best chance to connect, but it's KY. so you're in the right state!

I've driven through it on I-75... looks a lot like WNC terrain... google search reveals some nice bucks killed out of there... I would imagine rifle rut hunt would offer best chance to connect, but it's KY. so you're in the right state!

I hunted the Daniel Boone NF a lot but it was back in the late 70s,,,,weren't many deer back then (we were squirrel hunting) as the locals tended to "shoot on sight" back then,,,,,dern hillbillies,,,,,,,,,,

have fun,,,,see lots of deer there abouts now
    ,,,,sent using Jedi Mind Tricks,,,,,,,

Picture a combination right wing, libertarian, unabomber, conservational, nationalist who believes in reverent science and who, to his core, remembers the words he swore to "defend the constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic........so help me God"

Twelve Pointer

Don't be dogging us hillbillies. I have family in Pike county and grew up on border and can tell you just because its in Ky don't let it mislead you into thinking its like the ones coming from central to west Ky This is mountainous terrain with not real high deer densities but like any southeast Mtn national forest there are pockets that hold more deer look for lower elevation terrain and better surrounding habitat. Expect to have to hie in and long tough drag out if you have ever hunted Pisgah you'll have idea same with Jefferson in Va. I do like the idea of scouting now what would be prime idea is early turkey hunt after green up it'll be tough. Oh and by ay they get their fair share of issues like Pisgah between hikers and bikers ask your relatives about less popular areas

I grew up right across the river in WV and me and some buddies hiked through Daniel Boone a few summers ago. I can't tell you much about hunting the NF, but if it's like WV, there's a lot of hills and a lot of deer- though not many big bucks around.