Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daniel Boone NF Kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by woodmoose View Post
    I hunted the Daniel Boone NF a lot but it was back in the late 70s,,,,weren't many deer back then (we were squirrel hunting) as the locals tended to "shoot on sight" back then,,,,,dern hillbillies,,,,,,,,,,

have fun,,,,see lots of deer there abouts now
    I have hunted it in WV quite a bit, hills isn't exactly what I would call them. Back in the day I could take it pretty good. I would quit before I would attempt it now. SMH

Twelve Pointer

It's not to awful bad I'm an old fat man and can still do it use the old logging roads is the secret. I'll be in Pike county here in few weeks

I just spent a few days on the Sheltowee Trace in Daniel Boone. Man, that is some pretty country. Saw a mature buck track bigger than I have ever seen in NC. Also saw an old guy dropping a duece trailside, but hey, thats another story.
    Last edited by Dolfan21; 03-07-2017 at 04:03 PM.
    A poor craftsman blames his tools.

Quote Originally Posted by nccatfisher View Post
    I have hunted it in WV quite a bit, hills isn't exactly what I would call them.

no kidding,,,,,,,,,I did an "advance land navigation" course (student and then later as cadre) in West Virginia,,,,,not sure I want to do them again in any form of rush!! nice and slow,,,,,,maybe
    ,,,,sent using Jedi Mind Tricks,,,,,,,

Picture a combination right wing, libertarian, unabomber, conservational, nationalist who believes in reverent science and who, to his core, remembers the words he swore to "defend the constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic........so help me God"

Quote Originally Posted by woodmoose View Post
    no kidding,,,,,,,,,I did an "advance land navigation" course (student and then later as cadre) in West Virginia,,,,,not sure I want to do them again in any form of rush!! nice and slow,,,,,,maybe
    That was where I learned my lesson at a younger age, don't trust people from the mountains when they say "it ain't bad, we have some rolling hills, there are some steep spots but most places ain't bad". First off their hills are MOUNTAINS, and when it gets to what they call steep you better have rappelling gear.

Twelve Pointer

I am starting to get use to the mountains. The good thing, I have learned to be more patient. Sometimes it's a lot of work to go see what's over that next ridge.......

Quote Originally Posted by dpc View Post
    I am starting to get use to the mountains. The good thing, I have learned to be more patient. Sometimes it's a lot of work to go see what's over that next ridge.......
    That's about as true as it gets. And those hills make scent control a nightmare if there's any wind. Personally I love hunting the mountains, but if you're not accustomed to it it can make hard work.