Do you have hearing loss associated with gun fire?

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Its the reason my wife is hollaring at me daily to " turn that dang TV down I can't hear myself think ". Growing up in Mtns we never thought about or was taught about wearing hearing protection I was probably 30 before I ever did or seen anyone else doing it

Last edited:

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Typically hearing loss contributed to guns should be the ear opposite your shooting shoulder (shoot right shoulder, loss in left ear). Work related hearing loss should typically be somewhat consistent between both ears. Does your employer have any noise exposure/monitoring results (either personal noise monitoring or area noise) for your job title, work area, or department?

Yes its in the opposite ear and they have done testing here with a company to check decibal readings all over.
I was halfway being sarcastic with my original post, I have no doubt mine came from shooting guns.

DC-DXT

Twelve Pointer
Yes its in the opposite ear and they have done testing here with a company to check decibal readings all over.
I was halfway being sarcastic with my original post, I have no doubt mine came from shooting guns.

Just wanted to make sure. That's my job, conducting noise & chemical exposure assessments for companies. So I know how the game is played!!

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns