What has happened to country music

25contender

Twelve Pointer
I like this guy mice sound to his music. Sean Rowe

[video=youtube;mSgnC5eQ5u0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSgnC5eQ5u0[/video]

Last edited:

cnmcalpi

There is a modern country movement coming out of east Texas that I love. See Blackberry Smoke, Whiskey Myers, The Steel Woods, Brent Cobb, Tyler Childers. Those should lead you on the right path.

624c

Six Pointer
Didnt sift through all the pages in this thread so forgive me if its already been said. If you like country, and I mean the good stuff...you MUST find the time to get out to Nashville TN. I would say minimum of 4 days and that would be rushing it...6-7 days would be better. Aside from the Country Music Hall of Fame, you got the Ryman Auditorium, The Johnny Cash Museum, Patsy Cline Museum, and the list goes on and on. Not to mention all the honky tonks up and down Broadway. Every bar you go to will have live music all day every day. Heck there was live music in the lobby of the hotel at breakfast!! Definitely spend some time at Tootsies Orchid Lounge. 3 or 4 floors with a different band/musician on each level. There are also quite a few good BBQ joints to try. They have their own style in Nashville, a cross between KC/Memphis/NC I enjoyed it all

Last edited:

JJWise

Twelve Pointer
The only mainstream artist I still really like is Eric Church. But if I'm not listening to old stuff (both Hanks, Waylon, George Strait, Garth Brooks, etc etc) I like Cody Jinks and Cody Johnson pretty well. There's some others making music now that I really like, but usually you have to dig a little.