Photo Enhancement

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Who here that posts nature pics uses photo enhancing products..Photo Shop etc..?
Basic post-processing is pretty much a standard requirement for images out of digital cameras...they produce averages of everything...(not as good as film in the truism department)...I use a little free software package that has a few basic 'sliders' to tweak brightness / contrast / sharpening.
The big packages like Photoshop that you have are really super technically capable packages way beyond my pay grade :)

Last edited:

Quackman

Twelve Pointer
Here is an example. This image was taken around 4 years ago and just so happens I am using it in a project at work this week.

The first image is the original. Not full size but this is before any post processing.

This second image I have made some tweaks to. I bumped the saturation and contrast in the sky, grass, and dog. Used a burn tool to further enhance the grass. Pulled the middle slider back on the levels so the shadows did not black out. Then ran a very slight unsharp mask on the whole image.

Rjratliff1975

Here is an example. This image was taken around 4 years ago and just so happens I am using it in a project at work this week.

The first image is the original. Not full size but this is before any post processing.

This second image I have made some tweaks to. I bumped the saturation and contrast in the sky, grass, and dog. Used a burn tool to further enhance the grass. Pulled the middle slider back on the levels so the shadows did not black out. Then ran a very slight unsharp mask on the whole image.

Great pics!

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
there are some pretty good apps out there that dont get too techy if you are on a mobile platform. I do a fair amount of sharing of my pics on social media sites and every pic I take gets tuned up a little bit. The apps work well enough that I use them almost exclusively for pictures and only use my desktop for video editing.

hawkman

Eight Pointer
You can pay monthly for Photoshop and Lightroom through Adobe's website. It cost's about $9 a month

I recently subscribed to this. I had been looking at old versions of PS on eBay and surprised how much they cost! Now I have the latest versions of PS and LR for 9 bucks/mo and all updates will be part of it. Slick!

Problem is, these ~$10/mo things add up and you forget you're paying them (Netflix, Sirius, Adobe).... :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Should take the shadow of the dude taking picture out. Great pic though.

Last edited:

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Most of the time, the editing tools that come standard with Apple's iphoto are all I ever use.