Another feel good story of the day...

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Sometimes the good guys win!! LOL

The moron didn't even move after hitting the floor..........

ChasinTrophies

Natural selection... "hey let's rob a place that is sure to have armed employees. That's a good idea, right?"

Quackman

Twelve Pointer
I would say that guy has pretty good reaction time as well aim. Looked to me like the first shot found its mark and did its job.

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
Such a shame he could not have dropped both of them...I think the guy who shot the thug knows a good bit about gun control...

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Will not have to worry about 1 of them trying to rob anyone else. Second one bet will think about it hard.

hunter

Eight Pointer
Contributor
1. Bad idea to rob a gun/pawn store in broad day light.
2. Worse idea to try to rob one named "Dixie" Gun and Pawn.
3. Waving two guns around may be what's cool in Hollywood but in real life trying to manage two guns at once will get you dead, dead, dead.

Feel real bad for the owner having to do this because of some low life.

Last edited:

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I like the story out today about an LEO who stopped to put out flares for a fatal car crash, someone came up on him, starting slamming his head into the ground, an armed citizen came upon the scene, and shot the waste of life DRT.

genesis27:3

Old Mossy Horns
Just when I feel down and sad, you send a story that just picks me back up, at just the right time!. Now my heart is filled with joy! :D

ScottyB

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
More folks carrying guns......that is what we need.......a few more positive events like this each day will curb some of the crime!!

We need some pick-ups with 50 cal machine guns on top to patrol Durham and Fayetteville.....just a general clean up......spray then wipe!

genesis27:3

Old Mossy Horns
Here is another one, happened in AZ this morning. I have to say my favorite part is the motorist calling in Air Support. I dont know why but that just had me laughing. He ( or she?) just owned it.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/12/us/arizona-good-samaritan-kills-man-beating-trooper/index.html

Another story that makes me feel good. I just hope the trooper recovers quickly!

I had to share this one!
I love Arizona. While my dad and I were going from Hoover dam, which carrying is a no-no at the dam itself, we stopped at a gas station in Kingman, Arizona while heading to the Grand Canyon. I popped the trunk and tried to secretly get my .45 out and conceal it on my side, under my shirt. A couple state workers pulled into the parking lot, got out to go in, and noticed what I was doing from 20 yards away. One yelled, "you're in Arizona now, put that thing on your side and don't hid it!". I laughed and turned to dad saying, I like this place!

Last edited:

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Does anyone know the statute that outlines defending a third party in NC. I remember in vaguely from my CCW class but would like to brush up on it.

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Does anyone know the statute that outlines defending a third party in NC. I remember in vaguely from my CCW class but would like to brush up on it.

The way I remember it is this. You are free to use lethal force in defense of another if you reasonably fear the person you are defending is under imminent threat of death.....but.....be vewwy vewwy careful. You are trusting the person you are defending has acted in a manner in keeping with lawful use of lethal force. If they did not behave correctly, you will be charged. For instance...if the person being beaten to a pulp in the parking lot was drunk and swung at their opponent before you walked up mid way into their arse kicking, and you shoot the guy doing the arse kicking you just earned yourself a day in court and likely prison time.

Firedog

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The way I remember it is this. You are free to use lethal force in defense of another if you reasonably fear the person you are defending is under imminent threat of death.....but.....be vewwy vewwy careful. You are trusting the person you are defending has acted in a manner in keeping with lawful use of lethal force. If they did not behave correctly, you will be charged. For instance...if the person being beaten to a pulp in the parking lot was drunk and swung at their opponent before you walked up mid way into their arse kicking, and you shoot the guy doing the arse kicking you just earned yourself a day in court and likely prison time.

That is how it was taught to me as well.. if you do not know all the circumstances that lead up to the incident you are witnessing, tread carefully.

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
I was taught the same thing however in the case where someone is "down and out" and the attacker continues the beating and I fear for their life I'm not sure that I could resist intervention IF the attacker would not stop the beating. It's one thing to defend ones self but another to continue to beat someone after that someone has no means of resistance.