USFWS and Red Woofs are headed to Bertie, Martin, Halifax and North Hampton Counties

Mike Noles aka conman

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I hate to be an "I told you so", but I warned of this action over 5 years ago. There's a published "wildlife" corridor that's inclusive of both primary river systems east to west that has been in place for years. If y'all drag your feet to defend your properties like you did when we were asking for help in the east, you're going to get the same intrusions that we now suffer. It's no longer a NIMBY that you can ignore.

Jlewis74

Old Mossy Horns
Friend of mine went to the one in Halifax, of course they said they have plans to introduce red wolves. But they did say a pair of red wolves would push out all coyotes. I bout spit out my coffee. Has anyone heard any such thing. I told him to tell everyone not to trust them, once they get the land they will do what ever they want.

2boyz

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Contact your STATE and FED reps.

I went to 2 USFWS 'snow goose meetings' a few years ago in the midwest as wheat farmers were livid and asking to reduce Snow Goose populations...i.e..... increased limits and the use of electronic calls. Action came only after USFWS realized that the goose numbers had basically destroyed Arctic nesting habitat through too many birds in a very fragile area with incredibly slow vegetative regeneration.

POINT: USFWS did not respond to local concerns beyond the cursory meetings.

Contact your STATE and FED reps and please post on as many message boards in the SE US as possible.

Unlike NC, several states are very worried that coyotes are impacting deer populations. (States include SC, GA, AL, FL, and others) The last thing any SE US state needs is a 'souped up coyote' with the infusion of new genetics.