Interesting find at work

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
9462badceff905459b205e5bdc1b2333.jpg
4d9469f11fbed0a9ff1d8bae7868fc5b.jpg

One of my guys found this today on the bank of the Cape fear river near buies creek. I can only imagine what this monster looked like on the hoof. The puzzling thing is we cant figure out how long it's been there under the leaf debris. I would have thought the squirrels would have more chewed off if had been there a few years, but there's still quite a bit of the rack intact. But it has obviously been there a while. The pics don't do it justice the mass on this thing is ridiculous.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Those pedicles are unreal, he was an old, old feller when he died. I'd love to see what he looked like in all his glory.

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
He would have been a monster, most of what was sticking out of the dirt was chewed off by squirrels or broken off. It also wasn't far from a path we travel quite a bit and there was no other remains close by. It's amazing no one else had seen it earlier. Definately one of those legends of the woods you only get a glimpse of once in a lifetime.

DeerMechanic

Unreal! what a monster and to think he probably died of natural causes lol, just goes to show you never know whats lurking in those far away hollers

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
That's a old deer for sure. No tellin how long ago he died. Clean him up and hang him on the mantle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blaze132

No doubt he was amazing. would love to meet his grandson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeerMechanic

I just realized this skull was found about 10 minutes from my lease land in Bunnlevel LOL It really is a small world. I hope I see something like that this comming up season down there!