New tto forum

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will be able to meet many of the members on here if you are so inclined. Always somebody heading down that way if they aren't like you and live there.

obxfisherman83

Button Buck
Lifetime North Carolinian and as my name says, I like that little strip of sand east of here.

Central NC, like thousands of others from Rowan County, my family spends alot of time "at the beach". I have a slide-in camper on an old F-250 for the sandbar and go as much as my growing family allows.
I've been doing some old thread reading and I'm glad to be here.

Last edited:

1SHOT1KILL

Old Mossy Horns
Loved that sand bar ever since my dad took me for the first time back around '74. Man those were the good ole days when motels and restaurants were few and far between. The beach was wide open and you could get on the beach at the CG Station right after you crossed the Bonner bridge and drive south all the way to Hatteras Inlet without encountering any beach closures like there is today. Red Drum Tackle shop was a Texaco station with a 2 bay garage, that sold tackle in the office and bait out if one of the bays. Only place to get groceries was Connors market. Only had about 3 hotels in Buxton and maybe 3 places to get something to eat, so we camped out in Buxton Woods and cooked our bacon & eggs and fish on the beach.