Ladder stand recommendations

shadycove

Twelve Pointer
Not 20' but it's the best one that I have sat in is the Hunters View Lynx.
!6' to the platform, 30" X 30" platform [perfect for an adult and a kid] and sits very well, good and snug on the tree. It is hard to get a really wide 2-man onto the tree tight enough to suit me [old fat man]. The Lynx does this very well.

Last edited:

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
If you have a dunhams nearby, they have a really nice 18' two man stand for $89. It's really sturdy on a large tree, never tried it on a small one. I can't remember who makes it, but I've been pleased with mine. Millennium makes the most comfortable ladder, but I haven't been able to convince myself to buy my own yet!

JLove1974

Twelve Pointer
Dicks had a field and stream D tube 20' 2 man stand with full canopy for 199 on sale several times during the holidays. Hands down the best stand for under $300

lowery63

Four Pointer
Go with a millennium 2 man stand its worth the price u pay fir it its a stand above all

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

aya28ga

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'll second the Family Traditions stands. If price is no object, they are one of the most ruggedly built stands you can buy and the last I heard, made in America. And the Millennium stands are also great quality.

I'll never buy a Big Game ladder stand again. Seems to me that over the years, their quality has declined to where its cheap junk made in China.

Last edited:

Gilly

Ten Pointer
Rivers Edge Jumbo Jack. Its the most comfortable stand I have sat in. It also has a wide rail that gives you lots of room to move. I zip tie camo burlap around it as well.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Big Dog stands have the mesh seat, they have a model that is very budget conscious and is very comfortable. You can find them on sale at Sportsmans Guide quite frequently .

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Dicks had a field and stream D tube 20' 2 man stand with full canopy for 199 on sale several times during the holidays. Hands down the best stand for under $300

I've got one that I need to put together. It a solid stand. The only suggestion I have is it is really a 2man box to move around. lol

JLove1974

Twelve Pointer
The way I got this one tight to the tree is using a good 2" tiedown strap around the tree (a nice big white oak maybe 30 inch diameter at 16ft) to the gussets from the ladder to floor, tightenes it up snug then the bottom and top ones. 3 straps plus the brace and another tiedown on it made it solid

decoycarver

Six Pointer
i wish somebody would make some adjustable shooting rails on these dern things. and i dont mean adjustable flip up style. one the adjusts straight up and down. a shooting rail thats at my waste doesnt do me any good

shadycove

Twelve Pointer
i wish somebody would make some adjustable shooting rails on these dern things. and i dont mean adjustable flip up style. one the adjusts straight up and down. a shooting rail thats at my waste doesnt do me any good

The stands in the link in Weekenders post DO adjust straight up and down 8".

DeerMechanic

I know a lot of the stands you guys are posting on here are awesome but man they are expensive!! For the budget minded hunter I have a couple of the Black lab tree stands from Big dog stands and they are pretty good, ive killed a bunch of deer out of them and for the price they about cant be beat. putting them together is kinda a pain but what stand isn't? I still love my API aluminum climber to be honest

Field and stream has a ladder stand that is very comfortable .I sat in one in Ohio all day for 7 days and they are very nice , and you can put extensions on them and go even higher..

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
Do you any of you own or hunted from the Rivers Edge ladder stands with the mesh web seats? They look comfortable and sturdy but I have not hunted from one.

<>< Fish

The Lock

Six Pointer
Big Game makes the one you speak of. Right now , they have a 17' single ladder with back and footrests and a shooting rail for 59.99. Called the warrior dx. Cant beat those prices for those stands.

Weekender

Twelve Pointer
Do you any of you own or hunted from the Rivers Edge ladder stands with the mesh web seats? They look comfortable and sturdy but I have not hunted from one.

<>< Fish

I bow hunted out of one during an outfitted hunt last September. Plenty comfy for me. It was a long sit, too.