Anti hunters no more?

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
they are now apparently called ANTI- BLOOD SPORTS ACTIVISTS. AS in many things completely stupid, Europe leads the way. this title( Bloodsports) takes them into fishing as well.

cant wait until they turn up in eastern NC to protest a deer hunt.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4081996/Hunters-anti-hunt-demonstrators-clash.html

the article though far removed from us in distance is not so far away in terms of privileges lost being hard to regain.

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
I agree oldest school, our country is just as divided. I concerns me deeply to know I'm almost on the loosing side and probably will be outnumbered in the not so distant future. Folks, I'm not just talking hunting either.

kahunter

Eight Pointer
Yep with the closing of the circus and no more orca shows, next it will be the zoos and at some point they will come for hunting. Its inevitable. We are lucky here we have DU and delta and others which have some political clout but its scary to think what may happen. Anti hunting sentiment is coming, its just a matter of when and will we win???

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
.... or asketball ??!

hansbrough_bloody.jpg

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
In Germany you have to train and properly show your training to an instructor including how to properly euthanize a fish. You don't catch and release there. You catch your limit and are done.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
In Germany you have to train and properly show your training to an instructor including how to properly euthanize a fish. You don't catch and release there. You catch your limit and are done.

as i said care more about fish than humans.

what a difference 75 years has made in ole germany.

Markfromflorida

Eight Pointer
It seems like the US is ~50 years behind Europe in most politics/social crap...

It's sad to see what the anti's are doing to zoos and animal shows. Visiting parks/zoos is likely one of the few areas many people will ever see some of the animals in person.
My wife decided she wanted to be a biologist after visiting sea world when she was 12. She later worked/interned at sea world while in college. Now she is a PH.D. Scientist. I'm not sure how many kids later careers may have been imspired after visiting a park.

badlandbucks

Ten Pointer
Yep with the closing of the circus and no more orca shows, next it will be the zoos and at some point they will come for hunting. Its inevitable. We are lucky here we have DU and delta and others which have some political clout but its scary to think what may happen. Anti hunting sentiment is coming, its just a matter of when and will we win???

FWIW...Our right to hunt and fish was granted by god. Giving uncle Sam $ for a license every year is just a formality. Several states have passed a constitutional right to hunt and fish to prevent this type of thing. I most certainly do not condone breaking the law, but the day when the government says I can't hunt or fish...then the next day I guess I'll be considered a criminal.

Weekender

Twelve Pointer
as i said care more about fish than humans.

what a difference 75 years has made in ole germany.

Pretty sure they cared more about fish back then, too. LOL. Hitler was a vegetarian. Himmler told his masseuse that stalking and shooting a defenseless deer was "pure murder."

The nazis decided to make an armed brigade out of convicted poachers rather late in the war, too. Thought they would be excellent guerilla warriors. They became the infamous Dirlewanger brigade. What they did in eastern Europe in 1944 even appalled hardened nazi soldiers.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Pretty sure they cared more about fish back then, too. LOL. Hitler was a vegetarian. Himmler told his masseuse that stalking and shooting a defenseless deer was "pure murder."

The nazis decided to make an armed brigade out of convicted poachers rather late in the war, too. Thought they would be excellent guerilla warriors. They became the infamous Dirlewanger brigade. What they did in eastern Europe in 1944 even appalled hardened nazi soldiers.

the irony to me is germany training to " euthanizing" fish after doing the same to millions of humans.

how could the culture which had so little concern for humans now value a fish to that level?

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
They've been beaten into PC submission. German people not even born until after the war (up to 72 years old today) or children during the war (up to 89 years old) have been paying their whole lives.

Last edited:

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
They've been beaten into PC submission. German people not even born until after the war (up to 72 years old today) or children during the war (up to 89 years old) have been paying their whole lives.

they have overcompensated i would say.

one extreme to another, predictable i suppose but silly.