Shooting ducks on the water?

Irish Eyes

Heck I think they wear Kevlar when they are flying too.

in my boat,if they land,one guy shoots to the side of the duck. The other guy gets to shoot at the bird once it lifts. We used to get up and shout but this often got the bird to swim away. I quick shot to the side gets them up fast.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
in my boat,if they land,one guy shoots to the side of the duck. The other guy gets to shoot at the bird once it lifts. We used to get up and shout but this often got the bird to swim away. I quick shot to the side gets them up fast.

interesting. I'm not going to waste a dollar just to make a bird fly. I'm going to use that dollar to buy the groceries.

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone who has ever said water swatting a duck is too easy has obviously never tried swat a sea scoter. It's like they're wearing kevlar.

I've seen my buddy spend $20 trying to kill the same bird. We used to push through rafts of 100's of them in my little boat to get to the hunting spot, he decided to shoot one, it was his first scoter.

I've pushed through rafts of pintails too, 20yds from the boat, never shot them, preferred waiting tell we setup, wish we had that problem here.

Last edited:

Trappertod

Six Pointer
The only thing that counts to me is meat in the bag, my son and I take them however they come. Work too hard to hunt to pass up any.