Nebraska finds no deer herd declines due to CWD

CRC

Old Mossy Horns

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Great now I'll have some deer to watch while I'm shooting big ol gobblers. Man you sure can find some random stuff where do you get all it you git some kind of alert or something

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Yes it is!!!! Especially considering NC and Nebraska are so close, they might as well be the same state................

So I guess CWD acts differently in Nebraska deer than NC deer? :confused:

I guess when (not if) CWD gets here, we will have massive die offs.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Great now I'll have some deer to watch while I'm shooting big ol gobblers. Man you sure can find some random stuff where do you get all it you git some kind of alert or something

Nothing random about CWD news. Its all over the hunting news and magazines and websites and message boards, ect.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Its such beaten to death news me myself tired of hearing it. its been around for long time and no deer extinct yet. I'd worry more about an outbreak of EHD that actually put a real hurting on their deer few years ago

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
So I guess CWD acts differently in Nebraska deer than NC deer? :confused:

I guess when (not if) CWD gets here, we will have massive die offs.

Best of my knowledge, nobody gives two $h!ts about what's going on in Nebraska. Least you could do is limit your bat cave escapades to nc and bordering states.

shadycove

Twelve Pointer
so that means that nebraska deer are immune?

No OS, what it means is that there are not 250,000 +/- bait piles in Nebraska.
You naysayers need to read the science behind the spread of this disease.
And CRC is right about the massive die offs when CWD arrives in NC.

PaperBoy

CWD spreads much more quickly when deer frequent the same feeding locations. That's why it's found so frequently on deer farms -- deer feeding from the same troughs.
Several states with CWD have banned baiting. Virginia, luckily, has never allowed baiting; that's the closest state to us with CWD in wild deer.
Arkansas allows baiting on private lands. The first CWD victim, an elk, was found in February 2016. They're already up to almost 80 cases, about 70 of them in one county. So, yeah, I'd say that's an outbreak/die-off in the making.