Any Target archers? Tried my first 300 round today....

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I was on the 3D range today getting ready for the upcoming season and remembered I had these targets. Always heard it was a really good test, thought it might be fun to try with a longbow. It was a blast but it'll humble you real quick if you slack up on your shot...quick....

12 ends, 5 arrows each end, at twenty yards. White in the middle is 5...4,3,2,1 as you go out. X in the middle is used in case of ties, most Xs win. You've got 4 minutes to shoot each end. Plenty of time with trad gear.

0117171716.jpg300 round.....jpg

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
Yes. Lots of fun. We do it all the time from Sept to late spring at my club. I shoot (recurve) barebow. That's the blue NFAA(?) target. There's also a colorful 'Vegas' target that goes x/10 down to 1 (2 rings each gold, red, blue, black, white). 10 ends, 3 arrows each end. For States, Sectionals, and Nationals, you shoot both targets, usually on consecutive days. Max 300 pts for each, 600 total.

Last edited:

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That's cool! What club? Yep, a buddy suggested the Vegas target too. I'm enjoying it man, going to try it again tomorrow....