Ross and a snow goose surprise

agreenchicken

Ten Pointer
I normally don't post a lot of pics on the site but though I would share these. While hunting a wheat field in Randolph county we kill a snow goose and a Ross goose that were mixed in with one flock of the Canadians. Just curious as to how many others have seen this before. Beautiful birds and a great hunt with good friends.image.jpgimage.jpg

grim reaper

Ten Pointer
Seen one ross that got killed in a field a few years ago in central nc. And know someone who saw a cpl snows 30 or more years ago but that's it...congrats

Last edited:

Huntin & Phishin

Good deal I have pulled a few snow and Canadians from a flock o swan before

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
I actually had a mature tundra swan on a duck pond for 2 wks in Iredell county..of course it was the year I didnt draw a tag.

One other time I saw a snow mixed sith Canada geese.

GENESIS 27:3 has seen it several times also

genesis27:3

Old Mossy Horns
I've killed a snow goose on two occasions when they were with a flock of Canada's. Those were in central NC (Cabarrus Co) a few years back.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
There is a flock that stays on a pond here at work. This morning there was an oddball flying with them. White and blotchy.

Mallard Cutter

Six Pointer
my buddy killed a snow last year when we were hunting out of my blind it came in with a bunch of Canadas . this was in Surry county
Forgot to add that we had about a dozen specklebellies on one of my ponds probably 5 maybe 6 years ago. The year we had a really butt kicking snowstorm blow in .

Last edited:

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I've killed a snow goose on two occasions when they were with a flock of Canada's. Those were in central NC (Cabarrus Co) a few years back.

There were 2 snow's with a flock of Canada's on Coddle Creek reservoir a couple weeks ago. They may have moved on now though.