Headed to Gaston for Cats

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Went up this past Monday to Gaston cause I had the day off.
Really no action and lack of a running boat was not able to do anything other than fish of the boat dock at the lake house.
Always had great luck there but the water was cold and can not get to the depth that had fish.
Maybe in a few weeks but who know when I can get up next.

If Cabelas does something with the boat this year maybe I will be able to get a new one sooner than later.
Looking at Seaarks now for a replacment.

Anyone else fishing cats this time of the year.

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
I sure would be if I could catch any Cats that had some size to them out of the White Oak River but the ones we do catch aren't really big enough to mess with..Now Down in SC on the Waccamaw River where it empty's into Winyah Bay at Georgetown we used to catch nice Blue Cats in the winter.. Those were some of the best eating Catfish we ever caught, the brackish water seemed to give them a better flavor than the ones we caught out of Santee-Cooper..

Good luck with the Catfish when you do go back to Gaston..

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
We killed the crappie on the Yadkin recently, flat on the bottom. Very faint bite, but they were very nice fish.

GLOCKMASTER

Eight Pointer
Sorry to hear about your boat as I know your pain.

Lake Gaston and Kerr Lake are a hoot for cats.

IMG_0080_zpsxbxjag83.jpg

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Sorry to hear about your boat as I know your pain.

Lake Gaston and Kerr Lake are a hoot for cats.

IMG_0080_zpsxbxjag83.jpg

Nice fish.

Let me say this
The boat is now gone.
I dropped it friday at Cabelas. Waiting for them to send me a check from corporate now for about full price I paid.
I will be out time and a good bit, also fuel money and insurance plus property tax.
The boat saga is over as far as I can say.
Cabelas stepped up to the plate. We both lost money and time.
But Cabela's is the one cutting the check.
Lowe offered nothing other than bandaid fixes, would not take it back to even fix or paint. Lowe stated all fixes and repairs are done and can be done at the store level.
I will never own or step foot in a Lowe product. The make Crestliner and several others.

Now if the dealers I called about Seaarks will call me back about the quotes on ordering a 1860 VJ or 2072 VJ.... I would be happy.

I talked to a few at the Raleigh show and on the phone last week and still no $ numbers.