Fill dirt?

Rc187

Six Pointer
Looking to build a small shooting range and the house and need some dirt piles to do so but finding it has been a headache I can't believe it's been this hard to find dirt. Anyone know of a place to get fill dirt delivered I live in stokes dale about 4 minutes from bi-rite I need at least a dump truck load possibly 2 and decent dirt no rocks stumps trash etc any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Higgins

Ten Pointer
I'm in the process of doing the same thing,I found a guy here with a dump truck that will deliver for 75.oo but the material is 125.oo a load,but I'm in Spring Hope. Just curious have you got any pricing yet in your area?

Rc187

Six Pointer
Looking like 175 to 200 a load probably going to take 2 loads to do what I want to do just seems high to me I have a ton of construction going on near me with the bypass coming through seems like it should be easier

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

lasttombstone

Kinder, Gentler LTS
Nobody that I have ever heard sells land cheap. Especially by the dump truck load. Now, if you want t bunch of dirt laden large stumps or busted up concrete or asphalt, you probably can find that a little cheaper. I had a guy that was doing some dozer work nearby a few months back and he came over and moved some high places for me and made what I wanted for a backstop. Only cost me $50.

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
I reduced the amt of dirt needed by going to the local tire shop, to make the berm with, then cover with dirt.

They have to pay to take tires off and I offered him to pay me 1/2 what it normally costs him...so I got paid to make the berm!

koszman

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Contact your local dept of transportation they look for locations to dump fill dirt from projects in the area.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
I reduced the amt of dirt needed by going to the local tire shop, to make the berm with, then cover with dirt.

They have to pay to take tires off and I offered him to pay me 1/2 what it normally costs him...so I got paid to make the berm!

I'd be careful advertising illegal tire disposal.

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
Get up with some local contractors. Oftentimes they're looking for places to dump dirt for free. It wouldn't be as clean as regular fill dirt (likely full of grass and whatnot) but it would be fine as a backstop.

shadycove

Twelve Pointer
Get up with some local contractors. Oftentimes they're looking for places to dump dirt for free. It wouldn't be as clean as regular fill dirt (likely full of grass and whatnot) but it would be fine as a backstop.

Careful with the NCDOT dirt too, it usually is full of broken glass/metal and all sorts of refuse.

Merlin

Six Pointer
If you have a quarry within a reasonable distance check on granite dust. It comes from them washing stone and usually can be had cheap. It does a great job, especially when it's damp.