My Trophy Swan Hunt!

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
This wasnt my 1st swan or largest by any means. I have a banded swan on the wall I killed years ago in the snow BUT...the real trophy was this past wknd on the NCHF Swan hunt.

Why? My 4 old daughter Elia joined me. She hung in there for a few hrs why birds were slow to come off roost..but did allow me to sling a few arrows. Soon she got her hands and feet wet by playing in the ditch although she had been warned. Result? Freezing cold, crying and begging to go home. So, I broke out the 12 ga and popped the 1st one I had a chance at.

Trophy was her being w me (had been on dove hunts before) and that after recovering from the cold she was asking to go hunt swans again! Heck she asked that before we even got out of Plymouth

P.s. Great memories with good people..thanks Mike, Andy, etc. Zombie I wish we were still there when you killed that dinosaur sized swan..congrats man!

Attachments

• 2017-01-19 19.35.17.jpg
    2017-01-19 19.35.17.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 2017-01-19 19.36.00.jpg
    2017-01-19 19.36.00.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 2017-01-19 19.37.28.jpg
    2017-01-19 19.37.28.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

genesis27:3

Old Mossy Horns
You're bringing her up right! You keep spending that time with her, and she'll never disappoint you.

Great photos by the way!

Zombie

Old Mossy Horns
We still have the pictures she drew us! Lol! She's cute as a button!

Sent from.......wait....where am I?!

beanlep

Six Pointer
Always a great time when you have you kid with you. A co-worker and I was just talking Tuesday how the love you have for your child is something you can't put into words at all!

Helium

Old Mossy Horns
Thanks everyone...Zombie and Woodoose thanks for the support.

Was nice meeting yall..look forward to hunting with you again

Next year is Bow or go home empty for me

obxfisherman83

Button Buck
Great memories for both you & your daughter for years to come. I always have the best time taking my daughter fishing even if we catch anything or not. You are certainly raising your daughter right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk