Another dog shooter

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Was that on the Croatan or private land?? Heard them boys on the Croatan can be mean. My buddy Rodney and I were talking the other day and we had Bird dogs down there 15 years ago or so and a guy was trying to pick up one of his dogs. I had to stop him from shooting the guys truck.

Last edited:

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Not much info available. Did the dog survive? What was it shot with? Around what time and in what area was it shot?

All of that info would be useful to the public who might have heard or seen something if they knew when it happened.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
They had to put the dog down later that evening. I did hear that late yesterday. I haven't heard anything today.

nchunt101

Ten Pointer
I have been pissed off beyond comprehension by hounds running through my food plots but it never occured to me to shoot the dog. You have to be a special kind of dickhead to kill a dog. I will admit having a failed deer hound as a pet (one of the best damn dogs I have ever owned) has made me partial to them.

treestock

Four Pointer
pricks everywhere you go. unfortunately once someonw gets the line of division in there mind them logic goes out the window. i hear all kind of excuses from "avid trophy still hunters" that dogs are why we aint got deer. lol them shootin every fork horn they see on a corn piles the reason nc dont grow quality deer

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Not much info available. Did the dog survive? What was it shot with? Around what time and in what area was it shot?

All of that info would be useful to the public who might have heard or seen something if they knew when it happened.
Dog was in bounds in the hunt, appeared to be shot with a rifle.

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Still some people in the boundary that do not like dogs running thru by dog hunters. Not good for the home team when you have :donk:donk:donk hats like that in the area.

JDHowell

Ten Pointer
Was that on the Croatan or private land?? Heard them boys on the Croatan can be mean. My buddy Rodney and I were talking the other day and we had Bird dogs down there 15 years ago or so and a guy was trying to pick up one of his dogs. I had to stop him from shooting the guys truck.

Hoffman Forest, Public land.