District 9 hearing Clyde

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
A number of people asked the WRC for a fall/winter/and or hen season in District 9.

I don't see that happening but noise is being made about it.

Never know though.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
it would be a either sex season just to be technically correct. Someone doesn't much care for turkeys to want to kill the hens for eating " deer corn " CRC I can bout guarentee you with a statement like that they were allowed to speak and then there was a laugh behind closed doors. Now a genuine winter season may be discussed but not just because they are eating the corn

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
it would be a either sex season just to be technically correct. Someone doesn't much care for turkeys to want to kill the hens for eating " deer corn " CRC I can bout guarentee you with a statement like that they were allowed to speak and then there was a laugh behind closed doors. Now a genuine winter season may be discussed but not just because they are eating the corn

I bet turkeys are illegally shot now feeding in deer corn piles.

Why serious turkey hunters put up with deer corn piles in the woods, I dunno.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns

what point are you trying to make? how would serious turkey hunters control deer corn piles?

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor

No kidding, just like banks are robbed, stores are robbed etc. Laws will be broken by criminals. What do you want in the end?

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
LOL-there are not enough turkey hunters, or hunters period in this state to get that done.

Maybe not but I know of 2 legislators that might support a baiting ban (and only if the WRC supports one).

I doubt most turkey hunters even know the legislators control baiting in NC or care for that matter.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
No kidding, just like banks are robbed, stores are robbed etc. Laws will be broken by criminals. What do you want in the end?

If the bait is in the woods, cite em and convict them.

Now folks can put bait in the woods to shoot turkeys and claim its deer bait.

Give an outlaw a "loophole" and he or she will exploit it to the max.

Last edited:

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
If the bait is in the woods, cite em and convict them.

Now folks can put bait in the woods to shoot turkeys and claim its deer bait.

Give an outlaw a "loophole" and he or she will exploit it to the max.
The bait is irrelevant, there is no open season for turkey that time of year.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
The bait is irrelevant, there is no open season for turkey that time of year.

The bait is not irrelevant if it is what is attracting the turkeys so they can be shot illegally.

People put out bait for one reason- to attract and shoot stuff.

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The bait is not irrelevant if it is what is attracting the turkeys so they can be shot illegally.

People put out bait for one reason- to attract and shoot stuff.
If there is no season on the animal to start with how far are you willing to go to stop the problem? I mean I realize you are a liberal and all but with your mindset it is like more gun control laws to stop violence, just enforce what we have. It is already illegal to kill turkeys outside the spring season and you are worried about all this.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
once again bait has nothing to do with an outlaw poacher they will shoot animals any time year bait or no bait its their mindset they could care less whether bait is legal or not and what its legal for

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Lol love this logic.

If it's illegal to poach turkeys during deer season why would a poacher care if it was illegal to bait too. Never mind that it is illegal to shoot a turkey over bait or near bait during turkey season.

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
once again bait has nothing to do with an outlaw poacher they will shoot animals any time year bait or no bait its their mindset they could care less whether bait is legal or not and what its legal for

But the outlaw can weasel out and claim the bait is for other animals.

Again serious turkey hunters should want baiting and feeding outlawed for all species.

Last edited:

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Lol love this logic.

If it's illegal to poach turkeys during deer season why would a poacher care if it was illegal to bait too. Never mind that it is illegal to shoot a turkey over bait or near bait during turkey season.

But you can put out corn for other animals during that time and claim the corn is for deer or coon.

If a game warden finds corn in the woods during turkey season there is nothing illegal about that.

Last edited:

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
If there is no season on the animal to start with how far are you willing to go to stop the problem? I mean I realize you are a liberal and all but with your mindset it is like more gun control laws to stop violence, just enforce what we have. It is already illegal to kill turkeys outside the spring season and you are worried about all this.

Corn makes it easier to concentrate and illegally kill turkeys. You seem to dispute that.

Last edited:

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
But the outlaw can weasel out and claim the bait is for other animals.

Again serious turkey hunters should want baiting and feeding outlawed for all species.

Its obvious you have zero understanding on this issue and just want to keep it up to be bickering so I'll just say I'm glad CRC that we have YOU the one SERIOUS turkey hunter on this forum

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
Its obvious you have zero understanding on this issue and just want to keep it up to be bickering so I'll just say I'm glad CRC that we have YOU the one SERIOUS turkey hunter on this forum

So you think illegal shooting over legally placed deer bait piles is not a problem?

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
No we are all trying to tell you bait is irrelevant poachers will poach they will during sprig summer fall winter outlawing bait will not change them corn will still be for sell and they will still cheat

CRC

Old Mossy Horns
No we are all trying to tell you bait is irrelevant poachers will poach they will during sprig summer fall winter outlawing bait will not change them corn will still be for sell and they will still cheat

Outlawing corn will make it easier for game wardens to bust the poachers.

Now folks can put corn in the woods and claim its for deer or coyotes.

Game wardens can do nothing.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
old story,,,,,,and yeah - I'm not a "NC Native" so forgive my lack of a proper birthplace,,,,,,,

I learned hunting in Northern Wisconsin where a man could bait bear but not deer (heard that changed in the 90s or some such),,,,,,,,,

when I moved to NC at the age of 18 at the behest of Uncle Sam I discovered one could bait deer but NOT bear,,,WHAT!!

since I mainly hunted public land it didn't really matter to me,,,but made me shake my head,,,,,,,,

had to buy a dang treestand too,,,,,,tried to hunt the way that I did back home but WAY to many people in the woods I had available at that time,,,,,,,,,,,,

37 years later I could care less about baiting deer,,,,I do it in some places and not others,,,,,,,,

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
They need to outlaw "bating" then he would worry. I think that is the form that has the most impact on his mind. :rolleyes: