old compounds

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
any ideas on what to do with old compound bows? Have an old Martin Cougar that I rescued 15 years ago or so,,,,,fixed her up and there she sits,,,,,,

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I thought on that,,,,,expect that is what I will attempt,,,,could be fun

are the ILF limbs riser specific or do you have to measure bolt holes?

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Depends more on the angles of the limb pockets and amount of deflex in the risers. Some are better suited than others woodmoose. I've got 6 of them, Bears, Hoyts, and PSEs but there are others that work well too. Let me do some research or better yet, post a pic....

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I'm googling away on it,,,,,,like I need another dang project but there ya go,,,,you got me started,,,,,,,,if my Boss Lady complains it's YOUR FAULT!

Longrifle

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
ILF means International Limb Fitting, opens you up to thousands of different limbs from hundreds of different manufacturers. Any length, draw weight, or speed you wanna try. You can build your bow around you in your basement or spare room....cheap.

It's basically a limb that will slide into/onto your existing limb bolt with a dovetail system machined at the end of the riser for alignment. Slip in, slip out. Change limbs in 2 minutes.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
yes, seen your posts on building them a while ago,,,,,researching it to see if I want to mess with it (time etc)