Root Grapple

Bean

Eight Pointer
I have been wanting one of these for a while but I couldn't bring myself to pay upwards of $1000 dollars when I knew I could make my own. I can't wait to start clearing shooting lanes and getting food plots ready in my cutovers.

grapple 2.jpg

grapple 3.jpg

grapple 4.jpg

grapple.jpg

obxfisherman83

Button Buck
That's awesome. I've been wanting one for my tractor but I run into the problem of not having auxiliary hookups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bean

Eight Pointer
That's awesome. I've been wanting one for my tractor but I run into the problem of not having auxiliary hookups

Does your tractor have a front end loader already? If so you can buy a valve to operate the grapple and provide hydraulic fluid to it from the power beyond port on your loader. The valve is then controlled by two buttons to open and close.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Nice work! Having a talent (and the equipment) for welding sure comes in handy with farm implements.

I'd like to have some type of weight rack built on my disc, but I'm too lazy to take it somewhere and have it done. When I need more weight, I just put a big rock on top and ratchet strap it down.

Bean

Eight Pointer
Nice work! Having a talent (and the equipment) for welding sure comes in handy with farm implements.

I'd like to have some type of weight rack built on my disc, but I'm too lazy to take it somewhere and have it done. When I need more weight, I just put a big rock on top and ratchet strap it down.

I've added a many rock and log to my discs and plows over the years myself

obxfisherman83

Button Buck
Does your tractor have a front end loader already? If so you can buy a valve to operate the grapple and provide hydraulic fluid to it from the power beyond port on your loader. The valve is then controlled by two buttons to open and close.

I do have a front end loader the tractor is a mf 1533. Where do you find the valves that you are talking about?

Bean

Eight Pointer
I do have a front end loader the tractor is a mf 1533. Where do you find the valves that you are talking about?

I ordered mine as a kit with everything except hoses and had them made at a local industrial supply. If you look at www.constructionattachmentsinc.com or www.everythingattachments.com they have complete kits with the hoses or a partial with the valve and controller only. You just need to know how many GPM the system is on your tractor to size the kit by and I think they can help you with that.