Coyote Hunting with Hounds

NC Beagle Man

Four Pointer
We run our deer hounds on Coyotes in the off season to keep them in Shape. Here are a few we've taken so far

973324C1-ED81-4799-9FA6-563F5E28282D_zpsx41v3bwj.jpg

9640673A-9D39-4326-8FF0-0402C9356A94_zpshuasofpz.jpg

160110C9-959C-45A2-8C68-2CE0ECD31E2E_zpsua2ut2ud.jpg

jenkinsnb

Ten Pointer
I was going to post over the weekend if anybody in nc ran coyote dogs or not. I guess that answers that. Looks like the dogs are enjoying themselves.

NC Beagle Man

Four Pointer
these are not broke coyote hounds but they love to run them just as good as a deer. Its pretty easy to get on them this time of year. Caught another this morning pics later

Last edited:

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
All outside hunting ? How do you start a coyote track with your deer dogs? I assume you have a couple dogs that a broke on coyotes and you cast them and pack once they jump? Just curious, it looks like fun

NC Beagle Man

Four Pointer
All outside hunting ? How do you start a coyote track with your deer dogs? I assume you have a couple dogs that a broke on coyotes and you cast them and pack once they jump? Just curious, it looks like fun

We turn out and run deer or coyote we average running 1 coyote a day and we've been fortunate to seal the deal a few times

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
Just wondering how damaging it is to be running deer at this time of year? Bucks are still pretty run down from the rut and most does are already carrying fawns. On top of that their food sources at this time of year are severely limited.

NC Beagle Man

Four Pointer
Just wondering how damaging it is to be running deer at this time of year? Bucks are still pretty run down from the rut and most does are already carrying fawns. On top of that their food sources at this time of year are severely limited.

we run year round it does not hurt the deer.

Frostcat

Twelve Pointer
They run coyotes here in Haywood county on the north end next to the Tennessee line. Never run them with dogs but sounds like fun.