Go today, Thank me later. 1-25-2017

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
take advantage of this crazy day warmth and get to a small pond and catch you some bass.

Got pics yesterday of a five fish 26lb catch.

It will be better today. those yesterday were caught on a Ned Rig but they may bite anything today.

Good Luck if you go.

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
MAN you beat me to it!

I went to, and just left, an acre/2 acre pond and caught 2 missed 1 on a shadrap, caught 2 and missed 2 on a weightless fluke..1 caught when I it fished slowly.

The next was caught fishing it like I would in summer...burned it across the top, let it die, bam. 3lber. I also missed one that hit it while on top.

Last fish was caught on a hair jig bounced around a dock.

None were monsters but they have definitely been eating well.

hunthard2

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
take advantage of this crazy day warmth and get to a small pond and catch you some bass.

Got pics yesterday of a five fish 26lb catch.

It will be better today. those yesterday were caught on a Ned Rig but they may bite anything today.

Good Luck if you go.

they were using a shallow water approach I assume?

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
1- 3ft.
On that topic, a mepps # 2 or # 3 retrieved ine the very upper layer of teh water on days like today is death.

it would be my bait of choice in "clean" (it can't handle cover without snagging) ponds prior to the Ned rig.

The Ned rig is even better.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Rock were on fire yesterday in the Tar. Couldn't keep em off my shad rigs. 2 rock at a time several times. Funny when you have shad fever Rock are trash fish. water 52 deg yesterday in Tar.........

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
went to a new pond never wet a hook before today.very ugly goose pond clear banked .5 acre pond.

got there at sunset. caught five hooked three more and had a few more bites in the thirty minutes before dark. most were around 12-14 inches that i saw.

1/16th gopher jig with a half purple haze zero soft plastic. just retrieved in the upper water column paralleling the bank.

kinda disappointed had hoped for a bigger one to show.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
1- 3ft.
On that topic, a mepps # 2 or # 3 retrieved ine the very upper layer of teh water on days like today is death.

it would be my bait of choice in "clean" (it can't handle cover without snagging) ponds prior to the Ned rig.

The Ned rig is even better.

I'd add that a Hildebrant 1/4 oz Snagless Sally fish in the ponds with cover works pretty darn well on days like this also.

<>< Fish

SUDDEN IMPACT

Eight Pointer
anyone hit the water today? It's windy as heck but a buddy and myself are going anyhow.

I did, It was brutal to say the least. Water temp dropped all day(51 to 48) with the north winds. I did manage a decent limit, but I def had to work for em
IMG_20170126_145957209_HDR_zpsa7qbmvth.jpg

Bruiser

Old Mossy Horns
I'm don't target large mouth bass....honestly can't stand the things....however the things are always stacked up this time of the year with the spec trout that I am targeting. The mr17 is deadly on them in 2-6'. I hate to throw the hot olive color...it's a large mouth magnet.

Last edited:

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
i am tempted just to turn my phone off. :) pics arriving continually.

yesterday and today have been pretty good to those that are out. water temps 54- 55 in some creeks on the lakes, bass shallow and biting.

Mack in N.C.

Old Mossy Horns
Yes...Mike is a great angler and he has a great tackle store. He has what you need around here.

Never been there but I helped with the selection of tackle when they put fishing in there. I have tackle in my store and my store and that store are owned by the same people. I helped the big rock Rep with ideas for that store. It is good to hear that it is great.