Boss Archery

perfectroadglide

Ten Pointer
Anybody know what happened to them? Went by the other day and they are gone from their location. Checked the internet and it was business as usual on there. Have they moved or gone out of business?

deerhunter28

Ten Pointer
Out gone.
Don't know the details?

Check out S&S down 85 a few miles North.
China Grove.

Good folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dolfan21

Ten Pointer
seems they closed up. I Tried calling a month or two ago and the number was disconnected I believe.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Interesting...

That's where I bought my last bow. I much prefer S&S Graham, but they don't carry Elite.

redbow

Ten Pointer
Most bow shops have the same life expectancy of a deer. 4-5 years tops. Of course downtown east where they run dogs, it's 1-2.

deerhunter28

Ten Pointer
S&S has been in business for a lot of years.

They will be there for many more.

Good folks for the bow and cross bow crowd.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I wonder if a lot of people buy off the Internet or at big box stores?

maybe,,,I was just curious if it was anecdotal or if there was some additional info,,,,,,

we have one over this way that's been here for years,,,,he even moved to a bigger building (lots of reasons for that as well,,,,)

he does great work,,,,very nice,,,,but not JUST a bow guy (clothes etc as well),,,,,,,,,

Godwin's Archery

genesis27:3

Old Mossy Horns
S&S has been in business for a lot of years.

They will be there for many more.

Good folks for the bow and cross bow crowd.

I went to their Grand Opening in the late 80's, I think '88-ish. So, 30 years in business for an archery shop must mean something.

I happened to go in about a year ago and was talking to Sie (sp?) and mentioned that I remembered the opening to their original shop. It's been a long time since visiting the shop. If you know her, she'll talk your ears off. I told her how everything was laid out that day, almost 30 years ago. She was wiping tears and we talked about that for a long time. She don't know me at all, but she gave me the biggest hug.
That's why she's still in business. Wasn't rushing me through trying to sell me anything. She has a heart of gold and is just a genuine nice person and knows archery.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
As you know, there's a lot more to those tears than it just being 30 years ago. I am glad they have made it this long and endured. I go up there whenever I need something for a compound, including arrows.

deerhunter28

Ten Pointer
I've been going since the early 90's.

Si is 100% first class lady that knows the archery business.

I would guess they will pick up some other manufacturers since Boss is out of business??

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
I went to their Grand Opening in the late 80's, I think '88-ish. So, 30 years in business for an archery shop must mean something.

I happened to go in about a year ago and was talking to Sie (sp?) and mentioned that I remembered the opening to their original shop. It's been a long time since visiting the shop. If you know her, she'll talk your ears off. I told her how everything was laid out that day, almost 30 years ago. She was wiping tears and we talked about that for a long time. She don't know me at all, but she gave me the biggest hug.
That's why she's still in business. Wasn't rushing me through trying to sell me anything. She has a heart of gold and is just a genuine nice person and knows archery.

They use to be in Salisbury on faith road before moving to china grove. Their place was right in there about where winks Bar B Que is today. This was when their dad run the business I'm pretty sure. It was Grahams Archery back then. I'm not sure if its true or not but at one time I heard their dad held the patient to them folding screw in type tree steps. That was a big thing back in the lock on limb tree stand days.

Dolfan21

Ten Pointer
I work in China Grove, so I go there a couple of times a year. They were always great setting my kids up to shoot.
Another place closer to my house is All Seasons Outdoors in Locust. Son bought a Hoyt from him a couple years ago; they have Bowtech, Elite, and Matthews too.
https://www.facebook.com/All-Seasons-Outdoor-and-Pawn-741236935923238/?fref=ts

I just posted about All Seasons a few days ago. I pass them alot but never really gone in or got any bow work done. I have received nothing great feedback about them, I plan on having my bow restrung in early march and will report back about his work but from what I can tell its a good shop.

perfectroadglide

Ten Pointer
I got my Elite back from S&S a couple of weeks back and had a chance to zero it in today. It was very close initally and only took a dozen shots to get it right. Long time till September. Maybe turkeys with a bow!