Fanning

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
I've never really been the type of hunter that was married to a certain method, skill or "romance". I cut my teeth hunting turkeys in the late 80's and 90's with some of the very best hunters around. One thing I noticed is that they were all good at what they did, but rarely got away from what they believed in. I hunted with enough experts to realize that having an open mind and matching the situation with the technique kills more birds. I've never been the type of hunter that disapproves of legal techniques/methods becuase I don't like them or use them.

I'm the type of hunter that will try anything legal, that I think is applicable to the situation to accomplish the task. I'm the type of hunter that wants to perfect every technique available to me to hunt turkeys. Turkeys are adaptable creatures that live in many types of habitat. Such a variety of habitat requires a variety of skills and techniques to be successful. I want to be the best turkey hunter I can be, with many weapons and techniques to take to the hunt. I take pleasure in knowing I can kill any bird, on any property, on any given day, with the technique and woodsmanship that best fits the situation.

Randy

Ten Pointer
If folks can do it safely, have at it. Would not be my preferred method, but there have been a few times when I watched one strut all morning in the middle of a field not paying my calling or my decoys any attention, i might have considered it.

As my late Dad use to say, nothing works all the time with turkeys.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
If folks can do it safely, have at it. Would not be my preferred method, but there have been a few times when I watched one strut all morning in the middle of a field not paying my calling or my decoys any attention, i might have considered it.

As my late Dad use to say, nothing works all the time with turkeys.

Your dad had it figured out. :)

Thankfully some things work sometimes.