What is an Alabama bass?

Ceehawk37

Ten Pointer
I'm from Alabama and never heard of an Alabama bass until this thread. Learn something new everyday I guess.

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Yes, when I was going to school in Alabama we just called them 'bass'. Actually we typically called them 'dinner', but 'bass' worked too. Those boys down there are strict practitioners of 'fillet and release'...

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yes, when I was going to school in Alabama we just called them 'bass'. Actually we typically called them 'dinner', but 'bass' worked too. Those boys down there are strict practitioners of 'fillet and release'...
Still are, I am on several sites down there and have to LOL at the tailgates and cooler shots of bass. Up here they would tar and feather them.

Being a hardcore catfisherman it just makes me smile to see 'em do it. As we are low as whale crap to a bass fisherman up here.

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Some people are better at CPR... catch, photograph and release into the Crisco Pond till they are golden brown...:)

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Catching fish in the spring really cuts down on my food budget! Caught a couple tonight as a matter of fact that I may release into the frying pan tomorrow night or the next!

Ceehawk37

Ten Pointer
Still are, I am on several sites down there and have to LOL at the tailgates and cooler shots of bass. Up here they would tar and feather them.

Being a hardcore catfisherman it just makes me smile to see 'em do it. As we are low as whale crap to a bass fisherman up here.

Dang, not sure why anyone would mind a person keeping a legal bass to eat. I may just have to post a before and after picture when I get out fishing next time just to tick off the non-fish eaters...