Anyone have Aimpoint optics on their AR rifles?

22LR

Twelve Pointer
I have been thinking of getting an Aimpoint PRO or a used compM2 for my AR. Seeking reviews.

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I've got an aim point pro that pulls double duty on my AR and my turkey shotgun. I love it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Aimpoint makes good stuff. I just sold a brand new PRO model just a few weeks ago for my brother for just over $300, which I thought was a pretty decent deal.

I use a Micro version on my hunting handgun and another on an AR - they're the bomb IMO.

Last edited:

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Always hated them in the Army but there are plenty of users that love them and hate Eotechs so if you like their set up then Id go with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gobblr addict

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I have a CompML2.....on a Rock River...its a 2MOA......does decent...never killed anything but paper with...quality however!

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The only dealings I have had was on their lower end stuff, it is worse than junk. The only good thing I could say about was luckily I didn't buy it, it was always someone else.

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I have heard aim point has the best battery life of the red dot sights.
Mine has been left on going on 3 years now. I leave it on a low setting I can see in low light sow if I was to need it in the middle of the night it's ready.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Yea, many models offer 50,000 hrs of battery life ....... that works out to 24/7 use for 5.5 years. With normal use (like leaving it on all day when hunting/shooting) changing batteries will very seldom be necessary.

Last edited:

Inshore duck

Eight Pointer
Run 3 T-1s in Larue lower 1/3 mounts. I never turn any of these units off. The T-1 is the best unit aimpoint has ever created. Watch the larry vickers video from a few years back, he literally blew up the rifle with a T-1 on it. It maintained zero and function even after the explosion. Eotechs are not in the same class of optics.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Run 3 T-1s in Larue lower 1/3 mounts. I never turn any of these units off. The T-1 is the best unit aimpoint has ever created. Watch the larry vickers video from a few years back, he literally blew up the rifle with a T-1 on it. It maintained zero and function even after the explosion. Eotechs are not in the same class of optics.

Ive had the exact opposite experience with aimpoints and eotechs. Ive had multiple CCOs not hold zero and/or have unreliable adjustments, Eotechs have always been rock solid and surpass the Aimpoints by far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inshore duck

Eight Pointer
Ive never personally seen an Aimpoint fail in anyway. I've talked with several CAG guys. Said eotechs were crap ( battery and button issues) so they were all running Aimpoints. I trust their opinion. They run the best of the best.

Last edited:

gregor187

Six Pointer
Ive never personally seen an Aimpoint fail in anyway. I've talked with several CAG guys. Said eotechs were crap ( battery and button issues) so they were all running Aimpoints. I trust their opinion. They run the best of the best.

Relative of Friend just retired from there and I ask which he would buy now that he would have to pay for it himself.

: E O Tech was his answer.: